• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thumb wheel radio

Peter

Reaction score
Hi Fellas
New to the forum and also new to mopars, finally seen the light some might say... haha
anyway, just picked up a 69 runner here downunder (hard to find and mega money this side of the world). someone has put in a aftermarket crappy cd player along the way and I was wanting to replace it with a thumbwheel style.
What are your opinions on these new repo ones they make? are there any that will fit a standard dash? and is there a specific trim plate?
cheers guys

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome Mate. They do make Re pop thumb wheel one's. Yes trim plate for them . Classic industries has them. Maybe other ones being made some where. Sure some one else will chime in. So :welcome: Oh we like pic's.

Peter

Reaction score
Hi Fellas,
Not very good pics, all I have at the moment as I just got it.

Peter

Reaction score
I see that classic sell the radios as well as the trim plate, but the ones I have seen say they are for a ralley dash, so, will they also fit standard, and if not where do I find the ones that do?
Now, I have seen the thumb wheel radios on sites such as retro sounds for about 500 bucks and then seen other repos for $1200, curious to find out why such a huge diff in price.

HD539

Reaction score
I put this one in my roadrunner a couple years ago. It took forever to get it. As I recall 3 or 4 months. Once received and installed it works very well. Overall I’ve been pleased with it.

6D4C0C9E-0A65-47B3-B1BE-B8DFC7FC00BE.jpeg

778380CD-7340-4A21-A695-79B38CC9536A.jpeg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I have a Retro radio in my car. The radio itself is fine but it is a one style that fits all. You have the basic body for the electronics but for the dials have separate boxes with either a rotary or wheel type control that actually plugs into the radio with a telephone type connector. I found that the one style fits all concept doesn't really fit all that well. On my car the dial is not flush with the bezel and there is about an 1/8th inch gap all the way around. I also had to do some adjusting to get the thumb wheels to line up properly. Other then that the radio works well.

Peter

Reaction score
Hi HD539. I checked the website, looks good, does yours have a usb connection? is the trim plate you used for a ralley dash?

Thanks Russ69... parts for any classic car are expensive these days.

Peter

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on that Roadcuda, I think I will rule that one out definitely as I want it to look spot on.

HD539

Reaction score
Hi HD539. I checked the website, looks good, does yours have a usb connection? is the trim plate you used for a ralley dash?

Here is a picture of the back of the stereo, I either Bluetooth music, use regular radio, or use an IPod. The connection for the iPod is through the aux port. Hope this helps.

C29C9A23-3735-4976-BCD0-668CB66C052E.jpeg

5BE2C1CC-1E73-42C2-8A9A-03F06B44D161.jpeg

HD539

Reaction score

Oh and I have a standard 69 roadrunner trim plate.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hope you find the one you want. I did stray from the old style radio. Wanted a CD player with it. So went with a Pioneer and cut my new trim plate to fit. Very happy with it and put's out enough sound to be able to here it. No amp's. Keep that runner running. :thumbsup2:

Back