Thumbwheel Radio's

qiutong

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been cleaning out my garage and I have two thumbwheel radios that I'm thinking about selling. One is AM and the second is AM/8 track. To my knowledge, neither one of them works, but they appear to look okay from the outside. I also found an AM radio from an E body car. It also is presumed to be inoperative and is missing it's knobs. Does anyone have any idea how much these things might be worth, if anything? I'd hate to just throw them away if they're worth something to someone doing a restoration.

Thanks,
Brad

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Don't throw them away!!!!!!!!!

They are worth some $$$ even not working.

qiutong

Reaction score
I've been trying to shop around a little, that's how I found this site. I'm not too well versed at "surfing the net" and have been unable to find any useful information on them. I'll keep looking, but in the mean time I'd still like to hear input from any of you guys.

Thanks,
Brad

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
get ahold of roadcuda on here. he was looking for an AM 8track for his.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
get ahold of roadcuda on here. he was looking for an AM 8track for his.
If this was a year ago I might have been interested. Now that I have the radio with the modern electronics in it I won't need an 8-track radio. Besides i have the under dash unit if I really want to go that route. Thanks anyways.

qiutong

Reaction score
When I figure out what a fair asking price is, what do you guys think about listing them here in the "Cars and Parts for sale" forum? Is this forum active enough to get good exposure to people who may be interested in one of these? I sold a nice trunk lid on craigslist to a local guy, but I don't know how effective that will be for this type of item. I also have several other parts I've found laying around that I'd like to sell. I don't know if they're worth anything, but I guess we'll see.

Thanks,
Brad

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Can't hurt but moparts get allot more traffic and try For B Bodies Only also

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Can't hurt but moparts get allot more traffic and try For B Bodies Only also
:yeathat:

I have two of them and both been restored ready to install in my Runner come spring.

Like said check out the other Mopar sites and see what they are going for on Ebag.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I just looked on E-Bay and found 3 AM-8Track radios. $150, $275 and $325. None of them worked. The $150 was really ratty looking and the other two were just OK.

So... What's yours worth??? It depends on how it looks, but I'd say sight unseen, it would be $200 to the right person.

qiutong

Reaction score
Thanks Big John,

I tried searching ebay a while ago but got nothing. When you said you had, I went back and started trying different things. I think maybe I was too wordy. I was looking for "mopar am/8 track thumbwheel radio" and nothing, so I used your example and just looked for "am/8 track radio" and found the ones you were referring to. Based on what I saw I'd agree with you that maybe $200 would be a good number. Here's a photo of mine. I think it looks at least as nice as the ones there on ebay.

018_zps1a5b7b25.jpg

From now on, I'll try to use less wording for my searches. As I've said, I'm still trying to figure out this computer stuff. Now to get busy advertising these things. Would you think that one ad with a list of any parts I'm selling would be better than an ad for each item? I've seen guys do it both ways and I've wondered which might be better.

Thanks,
Brad

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I just got an ultra rare Dodge AM radio for my Plymouth for the cost of shipping. :D thanks again roadcuda :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I just got an ultra rare Dodge AM radio for my Plymouth for the cost of shipping. :D thanks again roadcuda :thumbsup:
My pleasure. I just wanted it to go to a good home! :D

Back