• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire Suggestions for my 69 RR

Barry L

Reaction score
I currently have Firestone Wide Oval Super Sports Series Redline F70-14 Bias Ply tires installed. They are quite old, but in good condition with no cracking/weather checking. I'd like to install
radials and have been looking online at Diamond Back Tires. They carry 225/70R14 in redlines at a price that won't break the bank. Anyone have any experience with these tires? They don't carry
anything smaller than a 225 that I could see. I'd be gaining a total of 1.5 inches in height. I only drive the car around town and the occasional cruise/show. No racing planned at all.

Barry L

Reaction score
So I am thinking about buying from Diamond Back Tires. 215/70 R14's all around. Around a grand shipped to PA. Shouldn't change the stance at all.
Was reading back thru some old posts today and saw something about the Sure-Grip(which I have) doesn't like mis-matched tires. I'm assuming if you have to run the spare at anytime, it should be the same size tire?

Back