• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires and Wheels

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I would opt for Keystone classics myself, my second choice would be cheap alum. slots. I hated those growing up but now I like the simplicity of them and they have a nice 70's vibe too. an A12 with mags is a good thing to many of them are all fixed up so stock and so alike. Getting almost as bad as Superbirds you see one of them you've seen them all because they are all done as stock as stock can be.....boring

69bbeep

Reaction score
Hoosier bird you are correct JJ did have the TT II's on his runner. I bought them from him when he decided to go with the Crager's. Also if I'm not mistaken, he had 295/ 60 R15's on the rear of his bird!

Mike

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69bbeep said:
Hoosier bird you are correct JJ did have the TT II's on his runner. I bought them from him when he decided to go with the Crager's. Also if I'm not mistaken, he had 295/ 60 R15's on the rear of his bird!

Mike

He had a very sharp car.. :yesnod:

69bbeep

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69bbeep said:

Mike

I saw his car in person when I picked up the TT II's. It was amazing!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69bbeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
69bbeep said:

Mike

I saw his car in person when I picked up the TT II's. It was amazing!
It's a shame that JJ had to sell his car. I loved that color combo, and it looked great with either set of tires and wheels he could put on it.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":2wvzvejf]I think its the turquoise color.. It just lends itself to a little more chrome then a lot of the other colors. I know that's why I went with the Keystone wheels.

All the more reason to go with a set of polished TT II's. You'll get the "bling" that your looking for and have plenty of options as far as the backspacing goes.

Personally, I absolutely love the look of the original Torque Thrusts, but with the limitations on backspacing I'll probably never have a set on anything because I'm programmed to stuff as much tire in that rear wheelhouse as will possibly fit...and 3.75" of backspacing doesn't further my cause...

I am also a big Cragar S/S fan, but you've already ruled those out...

And since you hate the black H Wheel look...if you still have yours I'll take them off of your hands...seriously. I only have one that is correct for my car, and a '68 and a pair of '72's. Other than occasional show usage I doubt they'll be on the car much, but I would like to have a second set of correct wheels & tires (assuming they ever re-pop the G70 Goodyears)...

Ray[/quote:2wvzvejf]

Yea, I was thinking that after I posted... the car needs something shiny.

I never had the H wheels with my car. There was talk of repops but I think that stalled.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
I was looking through a Jegs catalog a few weeks ago and noticed TT's are cheaper than aluminum slots right now! I thought that was strange...

The ironic thing about JJ's car is, I noticed they're now making that tan roof vinyl he always wanted. I hope he gets another Runner some day!!!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
slots are a good choice as well.
Hey JJ, if yer lurking out there, speak up! Hope all's well.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
To revisit this....

I've given this a lot of thought... and I just can't find anything I like more then the Keystones. I'm gonna stick with them.

It hit me tonight. They are exactly the look I want.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
John. Its kind of funny, I was looking at a pic of your car yesterday thinking I wished I had some Keystones to switch around on mine once and awhile :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I agree,that car looks great with the Keystones.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Oh.............come on........try something new for a change..........your not old John who is set in his ways.....are YOU? :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
John. Its kind of funny, I was looking at a pic of your car yesterday thinking I wished I had some Keystones to switch around on mine once and awhile :thumbsup:

Bob - what wheel and or wheelcover combo did your car come equipped with? I don't recall any prior mention. And why not have two sets of wheels & tires? A lot of the A12 owners do this - Black H Wheels & Redlines for shows and then an aftermarket set-up for when they are just enjoying the car...

Big - This is the decision that I assumed you would ultimately arrive at; might as well dance with the gal that brought ya to the party - as they say...

:jester:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Bob - what wheel and or wheelcover combo did your car come equipped with? I don't recall any prior mention. And why not have two sets of wheels & tires? A lot of the A12 owners do this - Black H Wheels & Redlines for shows and then an aftermarket set-up for when they are just enjoying the car...

Big - This is the decision that I assumed you would ultimately arrive at; might as well dance with the gal that brought ya to the party - as they say...

:jester:
Ray
Mine will have Blue H-wheels and dog dish caps and I have Cop wheels as a back up, but thats not wuch different. I might want some BLING once and a while :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there is a local guy that has a survivor '70 GTX B5 440+6 that he bought new. Was in MCG a few years ago. He has the steelies and doggies for show and the set of Keystone Klassics he bought on Day 2 for fun. Beautiful car.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks pretty good in the pic. and would be easier to keep up than the chrome. but then I'm holding out for another set of Cragars...

dodgem1

Reaction score
hey john i have been looking at the pics,the reason the keystones look good on your car,is they resemble the magnum 500 :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:thumbsup: :flag: :banana: :beep:

that is saweeeeeeeeeet!!!

don't wanna put the cart before the horse, but if all the planets algin, and I can get some OT, I might just maybe get to post a picture very simalr to the one above this reply. :popcorn:

Back