• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires

How would you mount these tires?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Like em or not BFG and Cooper are about the only raised white letter tires out there. Other than looks I would get the Coopers if that is was the look I wanted

djais1801

Reaction score
Like em or not BFG and Cooper are about the only raised white letter tires out there. Other than looks I would get the Coopers if that is was the look I wanted

i opted for Mickey Thompson Sportsman RWL on my 73 Cuda, just because everyone was running on BFG's...they were a good tire
calendar1_zpsvzisdzri.jpg

RR383

Reaction score
Goodyear has a presentable raised white letter tire out there as well.

djais1801 - Great looking Cuda - I see your choice in tires were Eagles as well...just a good finished look.

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I couldn't find a Good Year myself but maybe I didn't dig deep enough.

Ranger

Reaction score
I have BFG T/A tires on it now. Tread is like new. Shame to have to shit can them, but on the way home from Minnesota I developed a vibration that slowly got so bad I could barely maintain 55 MPH (in a 70 zone). I was beginning to think I may not make it home. Found the RF shaped like a cam lobe. I think the tread was starting to separate. Based on that I wouldn't run BFG's if they where free. The 225/70/15's on the front are no problem, but the 245/60/15's on the rear seem to have limited me to Cooper or BFG. The rears had to be special ordered from by Discount Tire. Should be here in a day or so.

djais1801

Reaction score
Goodyear has a presentable raised white letter tire out there as well.

djais1801 - Great looking Cuda - I see your choice in tires were Eagles as well...just a good finished look.

rr383-thank you, they were actually on the car when I first got her, but they were shot, and they don't make them anymore so i went with the MT sportsman.

RR383

Reaction score
rr383-thank you, they were actually on the car when I first got her, but they were shot, and they don't make them anymore so i went with the MT sportsman.

When I bought my '70 it has the exact same Goodyears you had on your Cuda. They are still in decent shape.

Back