• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To our brothers in Florida.

V.R.D

Reaction score
Russ and Jim are ok just some flooding no cable or internet .

the thing about the photo is there is no sea weed in the or on the cars looks to clean i don't know for sure but doubt it. most left in that area i would drove them out of that area if i owned them

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
All ok here. Some driveway damage that was easily fixed. The road in front of the house was partly washed away. The county road workers fixed it yesterday after noon. Several places down the road to the river had wash out places on the shoulder. Never saw this in the past hurricanes. Wilma dropped a large amount of rain but nothing like this. Think Charlie was the most destructive of all the storm we have had here in lake Wales Fl. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. The power of prayer helps. Hope everyone else fared as well as we did. But know the cost caught the most damage hope you all are doing well, and your loss is minimal. :thumbsup2:

Petroleum1

Reaction score
If they were under (salt) water its going to be more than just body work...yikes

RonLiv

Reaction score
Russ and Jim are ok just some flooding no cable or internet .

the thing about the photo is there is no sea weed in the or on the cars looks to clean i don't know for sure but doubt it. most left in that area i would drove them out of that area if i owned them
Yes, if they were mine they woulda been moved. But if you own a Superbird and a Daytona, you probably got plenty of green. I'm sure they were insured, I hope they were insured.

V.R.D

Reaction score
Yes, if they were mine they woulda been moved. But if you own a Superbird and a Daytona, you probably got plenty of green. I'm sure they were insured, I hope they were insured.
my insurer sent me an email said they would pay for moving and storage at a better place if my garage wasn't enough so he may be out of luck

Petroleum1

Reaction score
It looks like the home is right on the beach so the risk was very high with a cat 5 heading your way.

RonLiv

Reaction score
my insurer sent me an email said they would pay for moving and storage at a better place if my garage wasn't enough so he may be out of luck
Of the three companies I work with Hagerty, Grundy and American Collectors, all would pay on this claim. The only requirement they would have is that they are garage kept.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Say Mopar Dan we did not get too bad in Lake Wales. So, I have not been out anywhere except down to the river from the house. Sure, there is some flooding in parts of the area. Was a lot of water from the cane. Nothing on the news's outstanding for our area. Just one dead in Polk County. That was stated on the New's this morning. Now it is time to pray for those in Carolina.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on ACME A 12 he also lives on the coast down here. Hope he fared well also. Maybe we will hear something from him in a post also.

MoparDan

Reaction score
All ok here. Some driveway damage that was easily fixed. The road in front of the house was partly washed away. The county road workers fixed it yesterday after noon. Several places down the road to the river had wash out places on the shoulder. Never saw this in the past hurricanes. Wilma dropped a large amount of rain but nothing like this. Think Charlie was the most destructive of all the storm we have had here in lake Wales Fl. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. The power of prayer helps. Hope everyone else fared as well as we did. But know the cost caught the most damage hope you all are doing well, and your loss is minimal. :thumbsup2:
Good to hear from you Russ. I'm glad that it wasn't that bad for you. Here in Virginia, we are now just getting some rain and wind, nothing bad. Once again, glad you are OK.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
After looking at the pics more see the garage doors busted open where the cars were stored. Surf in the background shows that the water came in from that direction to force the cars out where they lay. What a shame.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Another bad day. So sad those cars were damaged. We are given warnings the storm is on its way. But often times we just don't believe it will be that bad. Being a Floridian always expect the worst and prepare for the worst. The weather people give us a prediction of where and how strong a storm is going to be. Now with Charlie it was going to go into Tampa Bay then out at Jacksonville. In steed it came into Sarasota and out around Daytona. It caught me off guard so now we prepare no matter where they say it will make land fall. You just never know what or where these storms are really going to go till, they go there. Getting fuel after the storm is a nightmare. So now fill up a large drum I have with fuel for generator. Can always use it in my truck or lawnmower after the storm it won't go to waste. Better to be safe than sorry. Bad day for everyone on the cost this time. Been many years they have seen a storm this big. May all be safe and wishing them the best through these trying times. :praying:

Back