• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To remove AC stuff under the dash... major project?

Rocket

Reaction score
My RR was an AC car but I'll never use it to be honest. How much trouble to remove?

moparmonk

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the A/C heater box is totally different than a non A/C style. There is a lot to change if you are going for the original look. Even the firewall is different on where the heater hoses and A/C lines go through. The controls for the heater are also different as well as the lower dash pad. What are your goals?

Rocket

Reaction score
The AC stuff takes up a lot of space and I thought I could delete it. My donor car was an ac car as well so no luck on replacing it with a non ac unit. I am not worried about being "correct" bc it's a non numbers matching car anyway. I do want it to look right.

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
THE FIRE WALL IS DIFFRENT I DONT KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT VINTAGE AIR IT A GREAT WAY TO GO-AND YOUR CAR IS WORTH MORE!IF IS A 4 SP YOU HAVE GOLD THE NEW AIR IS NO DRAG ON THE ENGINE AT ALL AND COLDER ITS A ALL WIN WIN al

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
You could delete it, I have a 68 delete plate for the center vents if you want it. I just put it all back in even though my ac is long gone, with the hopes for after market ac some day, I even got all the controls to works right with vacuum etc. blos nice hot air through the vents now lmao

20140331_162120.jpg

20140331_162104.jpg

Before

IMAG0034_zpsa2c4d5c0.jpg

Back