• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torque converter bolts foot pounds

Big Block

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the foot pounds is on the bolts on the converter on the 727 torque flight? thank you

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot to add: If you had the "fun" transmission you would not need this information.... :poke:
:D:D:D

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
:rofl:When not in reverse. This question has been debated for year's with car guy's. After leaving the line once you learn what rpm to pat the pedal and snatch another gear. But it is hard on the sink's. Also the gear teeth.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Never torqued the bolts on a converter just got them good and tight if they are grade 5 , grade 8 even tighter. Now ask me how tight bumper and muffler bolts should be LOL

Big Block

Reaction score
I torqued the bolts on the converter 25 or 26 foot pounds with the old conventional pointer style torque wrench and they are the original bolts that came with the car and I put Loctite on them.

Back