• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

torsion bars

hillsglass

Reaction score
I have stock bars in my r/r.What do the heavier ones actually do.Do they help handling or just rough ride.Please help Thank" Chip

moparstuart

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
I'm running heavy bars in my car. Improved handling, but stiffer ride. No regrets.
:thumbsup:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: i have the one inch ones and they are great stiffer better handling I also did front and rear sway bars and the firm feel steering box and the thing drives like a new car :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
X2 with the firm feel unit Stu. I also went with the poly graphite bushings in the front end. No sway bar in the rear since its a s.s. set up. But the car almost feels like it's on rails and is tight as hell.
:thumbsup:

JJRJR

Reaction score
Guys let me piggy back onto this thread. I'm trying to decide between a .96 torsion bar or 1.03 from p-s-t. Is 1.03 overkill on a 383 block? Any advice? My resto guy tells me he wants to replace the torsion bars and the strut rods.

Thanks,

John

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Mine are 1.030" from PST. 383/440/426.... irrelevant imo. What do you want out of the car? Like I said earlier in this thread, they'll improve your handling but the ride will be stiffer. Couple them with a tighter steering gear, poly bushings etc, and you'll really see a difference. If you don't plan on pumping into turns at greater than the posted speed limit then don't waste the coin, stock will work just fine for ya. :thumbsup:

Back