• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trailer Queen ?

69383RR

Reaction score
Trailer Queen seems like a fraise not appreciated by some . When my car is finished ,a lot of time and money would have gone into it . Lets say I would like to take my car down to the big mopar meet in Philadelphia , several hundred miles round trip for me . Would you drive the long haul down , bugs ,dust , dirt, rain ? Or would you spend the money on a trailer , buy ,rent borrow .

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Trailer queen to me is a car that only gets driven on and off the trailer. Hauling a car that gets driven to a show doesn't count in my book. Let's face it, these cars aren't ideal for long hauls down a modern interstate. Some like to drive them like that some don't.

inri

Reaction score
Personally, I don't do car shows. Too many "look at me" folks there. No offense to anyone.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Look at me .....when i had 2 1050 dominators and got 5 gallons to the mile......it was a trailer queen for the long haul......if you buy a trailer get a enclosed.....good for storing it for the winter

69383RR

Reaction score
Trailer queen to me is a car that only gets driven on and off the trailer. Hauling a car that gets driven to a show doesn't count in my book. Let's face it, these cars aren't ideal for long hauls down a modern interstate. Some like to drive them like that some don't.

Makes sense , I like the way you put that .

69383RR

Reaction score
Good points , drive for local shows , trailer for long hauls and don't worry about being a trailer queen for a day or two .

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I can see if you have a car like Uncle George's, not going to drive that long distance. Or a survivor car. But me, i drive mine. I've driven my cars on 7 hour one way trips.

droptop

Reaction score
I prefer to trailer to the bigger shows just because of the amount of detailing required after you get there. After all, your car never looks better than when it leaves your house. One year on the way to Carlisle, it rained for 6 hours. When we got there, you could not even tell what color the car was. I was cleaning and detailing till way after midnight that night after driving 12 hours that day. I have put the car on a trailer every time after that experience.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
From Ct for me, it's about 300 miles to Carlisle. When I decided to take my car down to Carlisle for the first time last year and since I didn't have a trailer I drove it down. I wasn't worried about it making the distance. I've gone on several 200 mile round trips, and numerous short trips with no problems. What made me and a friend to go half's on a trailer was that last years Carlisle was one of the hottest on record with daily temps for the whole week up around or over 100°. The car ran great in that heat only overheating when I was stuck in a 3 mile traffic jam. My friend and I, well we're still drying out!! :lol: So that's when we decided that the next time we go the car will be on a trailer and we'll be in a nice air conditioned tow vehicle. And the funny thing is that the gas mileage is just about the same driving the car or towing it! Once you get to where you're going with it you just park the tow rig and drive the car where ever you need to go.

69383RR

Reaction score
I think that's the best solution . My rr doesn't have ac but the tow vehicle does . and I would melt in 100 degree heat .

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
aw you guys are a bunch of wussies.....:acme: go work in a hot factory, then you don't even notice the heat.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
we love it at work(insert scarcasim) when the "Ice Princess" comes out of the air conditioned offices onto the plant floor wearing a sweater when it's over 100+ in the summer.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's just it Dave, I do work in a hot factory, and I don't want to deal with it while on vacation.
I'm with you Harold! I work outside, usually in the direct sun light and on blacktop which is no fun in that heat!

inri

Reaction score
Any pics of the Trailer Queens in front of a Dairy Queen? :party:

Back