• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trans Fluid 727

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Hey guys, can I add type F to my 727 or does it have to be dextron II or something else?
Thx in advance been awhile

V.R.D

Reaction score
type f was a trick fluid as it had friction modifiers witch was a additive for the type of clutch and band material ford needed to live using it in a 727 made it shift harder / firmer

Barry L

Reaction score
Going to change the fluid in my 727 soon. Considering using Amalie ATF+4. Anyone have any experience with this fluid, good or bad?
Thanks

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
I use B&M Trick Shift. My transmission is a B&M 727 with a custom torque converter, that is mounted behind a 1000 hp Indy engine, and the Trick Shift works extremely well. Zero slippage with solid shifts... no jerking, just solid shifts. I also have the Gear Vendor unit mounted to the backside of the trans for overdrive and gear-splitting six speeds for the track. I've been using this product since 2015 without a single issue. Because of the aggressive driving exposure, I do change the trans fluid annually.... just to be on the safe side.
PS: since adding the Gear Vendor setup, I've shaved off a full second on ET (best time on "California" pump gas is 9.62). Still toying with trying nitrous or racing fuel... however, not sure it's worth the risk!!! So far, the entire drivetrain seems extremely solid.

Back