• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission Rebuild

Collin

Reaction score
Hey guys....just took apart the trans and found it only need new input shaft bearings and a couple other small pieces. I took pictures of all the factory markings that I found in case they could help anybody else!

Collin

Reaction score
Some more pics of the blue factory inspections marks...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin, which plant did your car come from. The markings and colors differ plant to plant and inspector. That's allot of marks :yesnod:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
On your sheet under trans it should show 603, is your car #s match, vin stamped on the pad?

Collin

Reaction score
vin matches the car, sheet does say 603.....everything is #s matching on my car EXCEPT the big thing...the engine!! Have #s matching intake, and correct carb for car, but dont have the right block...i have that 65 block. Everything else was preserved in grease, the rear end had factory stamping, and even my radiator supports and everything else showed the vin. I also have the vin on the lip of the trunk...so close.

Also car has new floors, trunk, quarters etc.

Collin

Reaction score
Thanks! Got in trouble for not posting pics on here for a little while.....so had the markings, figured I would share so everyone else could see how it came from the factory. Rear end was the same way, but the parts that didnt have grease on it got pitted and rusty, so we ended up painting over it....sacrificed it for goods looks

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
COLLIN....YOUR NEVER IN TROUBLE HERE....EVER....some of these guys like to break balls....like myself...dont worry about it

Collin

Reaction score
I know I was only kidding, everyone here is real supportive and helps me out! Guess its just my firehouse sarcasm!!

Collin

Reaction score
Hmm I dont know why this got posted to cars and parts for sale?? Could someone move it to the general forum??

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
Hmm I dont know why this got posted to cars and parts for sale?? Could someone move it to the general forum??
Now your in trouble, did anyone notice :lmao:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Collin said:

Done!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey good job cleaning that thing up without removing the markings, Collin. Nice pics too. Thanks for sharing!

:jester:
ACME

Collin

Reaction score
I was very happy that the degreaser was takin off the grease and nothing else!

:thumbsup:

Back