• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

transporting a classic car

A12

Reaction score
Geez... that isn't that far out of the way.

Just have to get the car to Erie, PA or Buffalo. Maybe a local guy with a rollback or a trailer.

Ever think about flying up and driving it home? Probably a 20 hour drive. We're having a mild winter so if you timed it right, you could do it during decent weather.

I drove my '68 road runner back from El Paso, TX to Northeast/Central Ohio back in June of 2003 and that was a blast of a trip that I should someday tell the whole story from beginning to end. Even slept in the back seat of the road runner one night and woke up to realize I was sleeping on the side of "Historic Pre-1937 Route 66", so I took a photo of it and the place that someone told me could help me with a front end alignment issue I was having with the rr. Turned out they were probably a better bet to helping me than a big Goodyear auto center in Albuquerque, NM up the road...more someday. A couple of photos from that trip (I've driven six cars from El Paso, TX and the stories I can tell.......later :smug:

DSC01000.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

DSC01009a1a.jpg

DSC01023rs110.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

DSC01009a1a.jpg

DSC01023rs110.jpg

Last edited:

quikbird

Reaction score
a12, you would not possibly be intimating with these photos that you were exceeding the speed limit during this trip now would you??????:eagerness:

69B5

Reaction score
If I can be of any help, I live about 25 miles south east of Buffalo

A12

Reaction score
a12, you would not possibly be intimating with these photos that you were exceeding the speed limit during this trip now would you??????:eagerness:

Oops, how did that get there? :huh: open road + road runner = :beep: just making sure the pedigree was still there :banana: (ahem and that's the point at which I took the photo, not where I lifted.......... :groucho:..............:eagerness:)

Last edited:

artiststan

Reaction score
69B5 .. I have Road Ready looking at it for me on Monday.. if it were not for snow they would have looked at it last Friday. The car is in Sinclairville and the guy who owns is very down to earth.. a good guy. I would love to try the trip in the car, but thought I would be pushing it with the potential for snow etc. I can't think of anything unless you know of the area or may know the owner. I think he is southwest of Buffalo.

artiststan

Reaction score
A12 I'd love to drive it and have been thinking about it. Talked to mechanics I know and they kind of have me thinking about the weather and not knowing the vehicle yet to where I wouldn't want issues and be stranded with a car like that. So yes, I wanted to take the adventure of driving it, but landed on the side of just having it shipped. Got a good price of 1350 including tax. Plane trip, gas, and hotel would cost me about 800 or so.

69B5

Reaction score
artiststan, Sinclairville is between Dunkirk and Jamestown and is about an hours drive south of Buffalo
I think you did the right thing in having the car shipped to you.
The weather can be very tricky along Lake Erie this time of year.
I have driven to Texas several times, usually in February, and once you get past southern Ohio It's pretty good driving.
Good luck and enjoy that baby once she gets there!

Back