• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tremec Transmissions

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, really want to get a 5 speed. The Passon Performance ones are taking a long time. Any word on the Tremec units? I hear they sell a kit requiring mimimal changes to the car. They have a 600 model that looks nice and the kit is $3,200 I think.
Any thoughts?

John.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
one thing about Jamie, when he gets it done, it'll be right. worth the waiting IMHO.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You will be doing some carving on your car, I would wait for a bolt in if it were me. You just finished it, do you really want to roll the carpet up remove the seats cut the floor and cross member out and reinforce the cross member and weld floor pieces in and replace the carpet do to the new shape of the floor. Oh, new drive shaft :cents:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
You will be doing some carving on your car, I would wait for a bolt in if it were me. You just finished it, do you really want to roll the carpet up remove the seats cut the floor and cross member out and reinforce the cross member and weld floor pieces in and replace the carpet do to the new shape of the floor. Oh, new drive shaft :cents:
TRUE STORY.....BUT SOMETIMES THERE ARE CHANGE ORDERS FOR IMPROVEMENTS.....WACK IT UP AND BE HAPPY :drive: :drive:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
you only have to do all that with the 6 speed like i did
with the 5 speed its just one hole in the floor for the top loader gear shift and a little massage to the floor for the bell housing nbut not much
other wise its a bolt in deal

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
with the 5 speed its just one hole in the floor for the top loader gear shift and a little massage to the floor for the bell housing nbut not much
Stuie, what do you Massage the floor with :nachos:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:

BFH! :lol:

droptop

Reaction score
A friend of mine put the Tremec 600 in his 71 GTX. Had nothing but problems with the install. He finally has every thing worked out but still has a harmonic shimmy that he can't get rid of. I told him that I think he has the drive shaft angle wrong. He modified his cross member instead of the floorboard. Back of tranny is to low. I would wait on the one from Passion if it was me.

zupanj

Reaction score
There have been quite a few posts over the years on how the Tremec easy fit isn't. I think you can find some posts on Moparts.

I ditto the Passon idea. It will be worth the wait.

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
baby oil and KY :D

moparstuart

Reaction score
droptop said:
A friend of mine put the Tremec 600 in his 71 GTX. Had nothing but problems with the install. He finally has every thing worked out but still has a harmonic shimmy that he can't get rid of. I told him that I think he has the drive shaft angle wrong. He modified his cross member instead of the floorboard. Back of tranny is to low. I would wait on the one from Passion if it was me.
My buddy has this 70 coronet and runs the power tour every year , has had the tremec in it for over 7 years now
he loves it and has over 45k miles on it now , believe me he beats the shit out of this car also
and it keeps running like a top , he has gone though two clutches already :D :D :D

damn defective clutches :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Mike Meads I run with him to lots of car shows

kansacruseDSCN0814139.JPG

kansacruseDSCN0814180.JPG

droptop

Reaction score
I ran with him for a little bit of the Power Tour last year between Champaine and Gateway. I will verify that he does run the shit out of that car.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
just talked to jamie the other week about the 5spd he has a order of 246 trans already. he told me if you order one now ,it would be around july till delivery. at a cost of 4,400 wish I had the extra cash.

droptop

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
droptop said:
I ran with him for a little bit of the Power Tour last year between Champaine and Gateway. I will verify that he does run the shit out of that car.
its a fabulious well built car and yes mike runns the shit out it

I didn't have anything for him.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Back