• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trip to the boneyard

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I was liiking for a headliner for the truck, but got skunked. did get the runner a good lower door hinge for $5. and a few new arivavls.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Enon Valley,Pa. About a half hour from Beaver Falls. Mostly newer stuff. They used to have more older stuff, then started scraping them out to make room for the newer cars. They've been hanging onto the few old cars they get in, but they get picked over prettty quick.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
poor little Nash

I love those little Metropolitans... Dad had a couple when I was a kid... He bought one from a lady in our neighborhood in Phoenix back about '67... It was sitting in front of her house - left for dead. She said it didn't run. Dad offered her $25 and she took it. He went home, grabbed the tools, came back and tinkered with it for a couple hours...then got it fired up and drove it home. Carb was just gummed up and the points were shot. He said she was pretty pissed... :lol:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
those were the days.
i can remember Dad coming home with a $25-$50 work car, and the only thing wrong was it was an "old" car.
I heard a story years ago about a '68 or '69 road runner a guy couldn't get to run right. guy offered him a couple hundred. loaded it on a trailer, took it down the street. pulled the distributor and did the 180, fired right up. drove past the guys house, and he was HOT. Never could find out if it was true or not.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
poor little Nash

I love those little Metropolitans... Dad had a couple when I was a kid... He bought one from a lady in our neighborhood in Phoenix back about '67... It was sitting in front of her house - left for dead. She said it didn't run. Dad offered her $25 and she took it. He went home, grabbed the tools, came back and tinkered with it for a couple hours...then got it fired up and drove it home. Carb was just gummed up and the points were shot. He said she was pretty pissed... :lol:

:jester:

When my oldest brother was an MP at Ft Benning in Georgia, a couple guys got lost one night driving a Metropolitan. They ended up where the Army was doing some night training with tanks....

He said there wasn't much left after a tank ran over the Metropolitan.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
He said there wasn't much left after a tank ran over the Metropolitan.

I'm sure...you could probably crush one with a Ram 1500 wearing a set of 36's... :lol:

Back