• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Triple Green '69

captcolour

Reaction score
Newbie here. Seen a few comments about too many green cars! Well, I am looking at a '69 RR which is F8 paint, F8 vinyl roof, H2G interior and the 6W longitudinal white stripe. It is a numbers matching 383 4-speed car with the N96 air grabber. One owner and has fender tag, build sheet, window sticker and other documentation.

Question, is this a pretty rare combination?

captcolour

Reaction score
Originally posted this in the wrong place.

Newbie here. Seen a few comments about too many green cars! Well, I am looking at a '69 RR which is F8 paint, F8 vinyl roof, H2G interior and the 6W longitudinal white stripe. It is a numbers matching 383 4-speed car with the N96 air grabber. One owner and has fender tag, build sheet, window sticker and other documentation.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome, there can never be too many greenies.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome, there can never be too many greenies

69Hurstsc

Reaction score

Somewhat. B5 and F8 were two of the most popular colors in 1969. I have 60 F8 cars in my files with 8 having that same combination. And, above that, 3 take it one step further with a V7F side stripe. Quadruple green, my friend!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Newbie here. Seen a few comments about too many green cars!

99+% of that is just some of the more veteran forum members jawing with one another. A good-natured, phony "color war" if you will. Kinda like arguing over chocolate or vanilla ice cream. No losers no matter which side of the fence you choose to stand on. Enjoy the site.

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
And yet the inverse is true when it comes to documented A12s with each color accounting for <5% respectively of the known cars.

It just goes to show you that the A12 cars really drew a different audience when ordering a Road Runner. Many of the B5 and F8 cars in my files are very low optioned machines. It's not uncommon to find these cars with just the R11 radio as an option.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
99+% of that is just some of the more veteran forum members jawing with one another. A good-natured, phony "color war" if you will. Kinda like arguing over chocolate or vanilla ice cream. No losers no matter which side of the fence you choose to stand on. Enjoy the site.

We all know the best is vanilla with chocolate syrup :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wow......you actually exercised some of that moderator power.......

captcolour

Reaction score
Worked out the deal and put a deposit down today. Purchased from the original owner who is local. Told him he can come visit anytime.
Front.jpg
Back.jpg
Driver%20side.jpg
Engine.jpg
Passenger%20inside.jpg
Underneath.jpg
Build%20Sheet.jpg
Documentation.jpg

moparchris

Reaction score
I just looked at the pictures you posted. It looks like a very cool car. Rare? Eh one in three cars Chrysler made were green. So there you go. Welcome.

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Congrats on the paperwork! Good luck w/ the project.

quikbird

Reaction score
first step is just sit down and look at it and come up with your plan. just want it to be stock? upgrade anything? full blown customize? anywhere in between? remember it is your car. make it what YOU want.

Back