• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trophies in the back seat?

djais1801

Reaction score
First let me say that I am not judging anyone...But looking for reasons why...

As I've been upping my attendance to car shows/cruise nights the last few years, and have won my fair share of plastic gold...I have noticed cars with back seats filled with old trophies...is it an ego thing? do the wives/girlfriends not allow them in the house? are there too many in the house and the only place left is the back seat?

Again, no judgment here...just would like to understand this phenomenon and/or trend.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I don't understand it. There is guy with a chromed up mustang here that when he parks at a cruise in he covers the trunk with bowling trophies(is what I call them). I like getting them, its fun, but come on.

djais1801

Reaction score
I don't understand it. There is guy with a chromed up mustang here that when he parks at a cruise in he covers the trunk with bowling trophies(is what I call them). I like getting them, its fun, but come on.

i too enjoy receiving them...but to bring them around to other shows is just something I don't understand.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I need to go to the dentist I have a bad case of plaque LOL (I was going to post a picture of my wall of fame but that is like covering my trunk lid in trophies)

quikbird

Reaction score
I don't try to win any and would prefer not to get any. not because of an ego thing but there is just no place for me to put them. I currently have a ton of old softball trophys that are taking up space in the attic and that is exactly what would happen with any trophys for the roadrunner. as for filling the car with them, possibly trying to influence the judges by saying "see, these judges thought my car was great". :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I don't try to win any and would prefer not to get any. not because of an ego thing but there is just no place for me to put them. I currently have a ton of old softball trophys that are taking up space in the attic and that is exactly what would happen with any trophys for the roadrunner. as for filling the car with them, possibly trying to influence the judges by saying "see, these judges thought my car was great". :lol:

Be honest. Mrs. Quikbird won't let you display them :lol:

djais1801

Reaction score

i thought the same thing Quikbird...but then I thought, wouldn't that deter them from wanting to give another trophy...(they have a lot already) would be my thought if I was a judge.

TOMRR

Reaction score
The few that I do get go into the house !! Have a space in my living room next to the tv

quikbird

Reaction score
mike I like your trophy, to answer another question, yes indeed, mrs quikbird considers trophies and their cousins clutter and is not favorable towards their presence in HER house.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
With some of these guys I do think it's ego. I know a few around here. They don't carry them around with them, but they are always standing by their cars talking it up, how great it looks, etc,etc. And if they don't get a first, you can tell they're pissed by the expression on their face when they receive their 2nd or 3rd place trophy.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Bobby gets his off Craigslist....:acme::acme::acme::acme:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I really dislike when guys display their trophies at shows. It looks tacky.

About 25-30 years ago, I was judging at a car show and it came down to 2 cars for first place for a class. I had the final decision and I went back and forth between the two cars and they really were pretty matched up with their qualities. One guy had a trunk full of trophies.... I finally decided, based completely on those trophies, that he would get second place.

This was just a show a local restaurant had in their parking lot, and not the AACA seniors or anything like that. After the show was over, I was headed in the restaurant to collect my "pay" (dinner) and the owner of the car confronted me. I was nice at first, told him it was real close. This guy was probably 30 years my senior and he didn't want to hear it. I thought he was done talking, and turned to leave. I got about 5 feet away and he started in again... I turned and tried to be nice, but he was wasn't hearing it. I turned again, this time got another 5 feet and he started again and got a little louder... At that time, I just started walking away from him.... He blew a gasket and started screaming at me.... It was hot, I was tired and quite frankly, not really feeling like getting screamed at. I turned around and got about 2 steps toward him when I heard "RED!! Goddamn it!... You knock it off right now before that big guy kicks your ass!". It was his wife... all 5' of her standing there... She turned to me and apologized for him... and then started in on him... I went into the restaurant.

Anyways... I dislike trophies at shows... and those dolls that lean on the bumpers... and model cars on the air cleaner.... and incorrect information on show signs. It's not a posi in your Mopar guys....

I haven't judged a car show in many years. All my trophies used to be in my garage on a shelf... until it fell one day... They all ended up in the trash. I have a couple plaques, from winning class at Carlisle with my 300, that hang in my office, but that's about it. I'm more about being at the shows to see friends and cars. In fact, I used to put a sign on my A12 that said "please don't judge" just so I didn't have to put up with any nonsense. I don't do that with the 300.... but I don't bother to open the hood either...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Note to self: Take one of those dolls to Carlisle next year to lean up against Big's 300 and take lots of photos... :acme:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back