Trunk alignment

WashingtonRunner

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and a new owner, as of last year, of a RR. I need some advise on the proper way to get my trunk lid alignment correct. The gap on the one side is a lot tighter than the other side. By the way, I really enjoy the forum and as a new owner I appreciate everyone’s knowledge and sharing of information.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Think I got a donor one with this car. So when test fitting mine did the same thing. So put plastic washers behind the hinge arm to the hinge pin in the trunk. Problem solved. Got the washers at Lowes hardware store. Mine is a 1969 post car.
Sorry did not ask what you have but should be the same way. :thumbsup2:

WashingtonRunner

Reaction score
Think I got a donor one with this car. So when test fitting mine did the same thing. So put plastic washers behind the hinge arm to the hinge pin in the trunk. Problem solved. Got the washers at Lowes hardware store. Mine is a 1969 post car.
Sorry did not ask what you have but should be the same way. :thumbsup2:
Thanks!! I will look into that for sure. Mine is a none post car, but like you said that should work on both types.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Think their might have been a plastic washer their when produced to keep the hinge from rubbing the hinge support. Not sure but would seem to make sense to me. Good luck and hope this will help. :beep:

Back