• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trunk gasket

72duster

Reaction score
i have a trunk seal i know it goes on top of lip but my seal has a slit in it does that go to outside of trunk or towards inside of trunk

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I don't have a slit in mine but the U or V shape groove goes to the outside. Hope this helps

A31PKG

Reaction score
X2

Also, the ends of the seal should meet about 2 or 3 inches to the right of the striker...if it matters to you.

newbaufish

Reaction score
related question, any good and predictable way to determine how good the seal is? (aside from crawling in and looking for daylight) My car smells of exhaust and does not appear to have leaks going to tailpipe. I'm assuming that gasket might be worn.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I had a 68 bee that had rust holes in the trunk floor where it met the tail panel....I could hardly drive the thing. If there is any breach in the trunk area, exhaust will find its way into the car. This includes the seal, the floor plugs, any rust holes, etc....

Back