1. Russ Hood

Russ Hood Member

Jul 23, 2020
    So I was at the house after going to a show and started to unlock the trunk. They cylinder came out looks like something broke on it plus the nut on it came off. I'm ordering a new one but until then I want to put the cylinder back in. I cant seem to get the old nut back on it. Help.

Russ69Runner likes this.
  2. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Striped nut might get a metric size so it will tighten on the lock. Did you put an introduction in when you joined. Like to see pic's of your car and the lay out of how you got it and how long you have had it. NEED PIX.

3. Basketcase

Basketcase Keeper of the Green

Sep 10, 2008
    or just TOTALLY Ignore the above reply and all others that are as stupid as this was........and do it right.

Big John likes this.
  4. ACME A12

ACME A12 Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator Staff Member

Nov 4, 2008
    The cylinder is held in place with a retention clip. What nut are you talking about?

Russ69Runner likes this.
  5. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    Well you do what you have too get buy till you get the rite part. Don't tell me you haven't done the same thing. :lol:

6. Russ Hood

Russ Hood Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Dont know how to post a pic. Maybe the lock is not original but I ordered a new one from classic industries. It looks original from what I've ordered.

7. Russ Hood

Russ Hood Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Screw driver? Lmbo

8. Basketcase

Basketcase Keeper of the Green

Sep 10, 2008
    sure...I've used a coat hanger for a muffler hanger on my old work truck to get me to payday. not any half assed redneck repair on a now classic car that can sit in the garage until I get the right part. So did you get that Hefty bag tapped up for a rear window?

Russ Hood likes this.
  9. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    Ok Smart A-----. No I did what any one would do having a custom glass made to fit that hole. At least us red neck's get her done!!!!! So where have you been hiding. Dave. Good too see your back I missed your snide remarks. :lol: :poke: :mob: