• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truth be told!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
glhcarl said:
Measured for the center of the crease to the top of the tape: its 3/16" on the driver door and 5/16" on the passenger door, an 1/8" difference. Knowing Chrysler's quality control in the 60's and 70's I would say thats as close as they need to be.

Um, I believe that they call that "a production tolerance"... :lmao:
Talk about taking pride in your work.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Re: Truth be told! Update!

Here are a few better pictures. And George? You were asking if it glowed at night. Well if the light hits it the reflective stripe just right, and if the background is dark enough, it does look like it glows. It really did stand out.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Roadcuda said:
Here are a few better pictures. And George? You were asking if it glowed at night. Well if the light hits it the reflective stripe just right, and if the background is dark enough, it does look like it glows. It really did stand out.
Steve you want the car to stand out, dont park a green car on grass, park somewhere with contrasting color like a feed lot :lmao: Just kidding it looks great :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:
Steve you want the car to stand out, dont park a green car on grass, park somewhere with contrasting color like a feed lot :lmao: Just kidding it looks great :thumbsup:

...a feed lot... :lmao:

Just go ahead hand him your lunch money, Steve...

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:

...a feed lot... :lmao:

Just go ahead hand him your lunch money, Steve...

Well I was trying to ignor that part of the comment, but...... I may have to rethink some the things I say about that thing he's working on. And no one will ever get my lunch money! :devil: You can call me anything, but you can't call me late to lunch!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score

Roadcuda said:
I may have to rethink some the things I say about that thing he's working on.

Well, whatever you do don't attack his trunk mat...that apparently is some kind of sacred cow... :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
I may have to rethink some the things I say about that thing he's working on.

Well, whatever you do don't attack his trunk mat...that apparently is some kind of sacred cow... :lmao:

:devil:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Steve:

You're not going to believe what showed up in my e-mail inbox this morning... Here is the actual e-mail:

Ray,

Sorry...taken a while to get back.

I don't have a pdf file for it but I can send a paper copy if that would do?

chh

Well, at least we'll have it for future reference...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Steve:

You're not going to believe what showed up in my e-mail inbox this morning... Here is the actual e-mail:

Ray,

Sorry...taken a while to get back.

I don't have a pdf file for it but I can send a paper copy if that would do?

chh

Well, at least we'll have it for future reference...
Stuff like this seems to be SOP for my projects, but thanks for trying Ray.. And yeah we might as get what we can from this guy so we have it. While we're talking about placement measurements, I saw someone on the 'parts looking for the correct placement of the fender signal bullets. I know this was talked about before but I don't remember if it was here, or on the .org site. I do remember someone posting a diagram, but not who the poster was. Does anyone remember this?

Back