• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to find correct build date

rollie

Reaction score
Serial numbers all seem to match..........windshield, engine, radiator yoke and fender tag. Manual transmission Chrysler 10,000 year date decoded to Feb 25, 1969. Can't seem to find where to find actual build date. Car claimed to be built on Nov 15, 1968, St. Louis plant. Any members have a car with similar/close serial numbers that might confirm the 'real' build date. All help appreciated. Vehicle serial number is RM23H9G166883.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome ot the site.pop up to the intro section and tell us about you and your runner :D

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
What is the scheduled production date (SPD) on your fender tag. It's the 3 digits in the second column from the right and second row up from the bottom..or just post the lines from your fender tag? If you don't have one, the closest date will be the latest production date on your original parts. That will take some doing and will only put you within a week or so of the date it rolled off the assembly line. My engine assembly date on my 69 Barracuda is 3 days before the SPD. My door panels on my RoadRunner are 8 days before the EAD.

rollie

Reaction score
All resolved. Thanks for responding.

V269

Reaction score
You could also check the k-frame. There is usually a date code stamped there too right in the middle area. :yesnod:

Back