• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Exhaust

Goon

Reaction score
Looking at putting on TTI exhaust, 3" H-pipe. Already have the headers on car. How does the Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers sound. Is the installation pretty simple?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Looking at putting on TTI exhaust, 3" H-pipe. Already have the headers on car. How does the Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers sound. Is the installation pretty simple?

How many horse power you pushing that you need 3" pipe?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ok your up there where you probably need it. Lots of guys with mild motors go 3" and actually leave power on the table because they don't have enough exhaust gases to make the system work. That said all I here about TTI stuff is the fit is good, I am sure with the car in the air and the rear suspension hanging it should slip in. My accurate system is 2.5 all the way back with no issues.

Goon

Reaction score
right now, I have 3 1/2" under the car, but it doesn't go all the way out the back--ends before rear end.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I have a TTI set on my 300 and it fits really nice. I've also seen the TTI exhaust on B-bodies and they seem to work out very well.

Exhaust sound is personal choice, but I've always liked the Turbo type mufflers over the rest. The Magnaflow type mufflers don't sound right on a Mopar to me... The stock Mopar muscle car sound is more mellow and deep. The Turbos come pretty close to that.

BTW, for those that don't know.... The "Turbo" muffler is a copy of the mufflers that came on a turbocharged Corvair. It's a short, fat muffler made to fit in a shorter space.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, for those that don't know.... The "Turbo" muffler is a copy of the mufflers that came on a turbocharged Corvair. It's a short, fat muffler made to fit in a shorter space.

What can you tell us about the upper and lower radiator hoses on Corvairs...? :basketcase:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have 14" turbos on my Valiant, I like the sound.

I have them on my '74 Duster and the Malibu. They do sound nice. I have Flowmasters on the Swinger. Too loud most of the time. Can't believe I just typed that. Damn, I am getting old... :lol:

Coyote

Reaction score
Here We Go Again!

I think he borrowed Dave's old camera. Pic is kinda fuzzy...

:lol::lol::lol:

It must be your puter, clear as crystal on mine!

RE: Mufflers. Quickbird and I have both had good luck with Flowtech Warlocks, They are a turbo style with a plate on the rear that can be uncapped. We're using electric cutouts to replace the cap, but if you ever want to go open, you're good to go without a ton of grief!:yesnod::lmao:

Last edited:

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Welcome to the RR forum from NorCal

I have an American Musclecar series Flowmasters Delta 50 Series on my 68 RR with 3" & a H-pipe,
all the way out the back, it was a direct bolt on pretty much, I later cut the head pipes
to fit the custom headers I installed, I've also had the TTI's on another 68 RR
great fit, also, a tad bit more $$$

I like the sound of the Flowmasters better, if your making enough power
looks like you are, they actually do some scavenging effect {vacuum}
I also used Flowmasters Scavenger 4-2-1 collectors, really woke up the low/bottom end
it makes 590hp @ the wheels 383/479ci 6bbl

Good luck what ever you decide, there's a ton of great exhaust & muffler options out there...
A couple of 45*'s & a bit of ingenuity, a pipe expander, some band clamps etc., easily make them fit...

Back