• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Headers

Collin

Reaction score
Looking to purchase the 1 7/8" 383 headers. Motor is built with forged crank, forged diamond Pistons, ported 916 heads, comp hydraulic roller cam and lifters, custom rocker arms shafts etc. still running the stock cast iron intake and heads.... Paper rated at 495 hp and 490 lb/ft. Does anyone have these headers in the different finishes? Can anyone recommend a finish they like? Leaning towards the polished ceramic with the thermal barrier...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Are you going to be moving enough exhaust for that size primary tube? I'd call them and see, to large of tube will hurt the power.

mcmopar

Reaction score
I have the 1-7/8" tti's in the chrome finish on mine. I got them back in '03 and went with the chrome for economic reasons. They still look ok but I would recommend a better finish. Mine is a 4 speed car and the headers went up in minutes - literally. I had the car up on 4 jackstands and put them in from the bottom. I left the plugs and header mounting studs in the heads. All we had to do was turn the steering wheel to get the pitman and idler arms out of the way. Each side went right up, no problems. I did not have to jack the engine up or anything. If you have an automatic it will be a little more involved as you will need to modify the trans linkage.
Running that combo I'd recommend a better intake and carb. An old Edelbrock DP-4B is a great choice and will still look stock - and you can run the stock air cleaner assembly. Makes great power when combined with a Holley 750.

Last edited:

rollie

Reaction score
I have the polished ceramic TTI headers with 2 inch primaries on my 69 RR 383 stroker 496 with 600hp. They work well and limited color change. Worth the extra cost.

Back