• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Land Yacht?

mannye

Reaction score
I'm looking at some options for my next daily driver and I'm looking for a list of ultimate cool land yachts. I'm talking things like the Chryslers, Lincolns and Buicks.

My short list so far:

76-77 Lincoln Town Car
76 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
Chrysler New Yorker (My fav is the 1970 coupe)

Any other ideas? Gas consumption is not an issue.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your car is an oustanding example, Harold! I've always liked that car. :thumbsup:

IIRC you were trying to sell it at one point last year; is it still on the auction block?

Okay, so here's my Ultimate Land Yacht list:
1) 1970 A12
2) 1960 300 F
3) Harold's 1966 300

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Your car is an oustanding example, Harold! I've always liked that car. :thumbsup:

IIRC you were trying to sell it at one point last year; is it still on the auction block?

1) 1970 A12
2) 1960 300 F
3) Harold's 1966 300

LOL when i was at the fathersday show in columbia last week , I saw a 300 hurst white and gold hood in the swap area , when is the last time you saw that . they are pretty cool .

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the '69-'71 300s and Newports are great. My Uncle had a decent collection, but since he was too busy dragging stuff home instead og building a garage, most rotted away, and a couple decent Imperials were sold off before it was too late. Of course the best was his '69 vert...but we all know what happened with that one..... :brickwall:

mannye

Reaction score
I love the Newports too! They had all the toys! Lesse what turns up. I'm starting a search around town. I've already spotted a promising LeSabre but I'm not familiar with Buicks at all so I have no idea what year it is. Looks early-mid 70s

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

1) 1970 A12
2) 1960 300 F
3) Harold's 1966 300

I had planned to take it to Carlisle and put in the car corral, but that has changed due to the Mrs having surgery 1 week before time to leave. It is still for sale.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT,sharp looking with the hideaway lights and a 375hp Super Commando under the hood. :yesnod: http://www.sportfurygt.com/mypics.htm
Some of them did have the 440 6bbl in then to!

Had two of them! One was a very rusty parts car and the other was an ex Chrysler exec car that had a Racer Brown cam and a six pack that was installed by a dealer in Seneca Falls.

mcmopar

Reaction score
The ads of the day back then called it Daddy Long Legs. It was very much in the spirit of the 300's of the late '50's/early '60's - big car, big engine, brute force :thumbsup:

mjoyner408

Reaction score
man if you are going for big ass boats... nothing says big and sweet like a 67 fleetwood or a 67 continental. if you want to stay true here is a sweet imperial. 0607cr_01_z+1957_chrysler_imperial_custom+.jpg

mannye

Reaction score
yeah the fleetwood was probably the biggest passenger car ever made (in big numbers) and it looks to be the most affordable too. I love the Imperials and few cars get as cool as a 64 Lincoln 4 door ragtop but both Imperials and Contis are pulling big dollars in good shape these days. Fleetwoods are going for pennies in comparison.

the search is on!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
jays69bird said:
1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT,sharp looking with the hideaway lights and a 375hp Super Commando under the hood. :yesnod: http://www.sportfurygt.com/mypics.htm

Had two of them! One was a very rusty parts car and the other was an ex Chrysler exec car that had a Racer Brown cam and a six pack that was installed by a dealer in Seneca Falls.

now that woulda been one to hang onto!

moparstuart

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Big John said:
jays69bird said:

now that woulda been one to hang onto!

Back