• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under dash wiring harness.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Broke down and called the harness maker. They say that is if I have a three speed wiper motor. Not needed on my car. Have a two speed. The reverse switch light contact's a yellow with black tracer. Now just about have it all done. They did leave the console light plug out but can brake into the wires that go to the dome light. Don't figure told them when ordering I had console but still did not get the plug. Too late to take it out and send it back. Thanks for all the help. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Know this dose not have any thing to do with the harness but dose any one have pic's of how the speedometer cable rout up between the brake and clutch pedal. I see a small hole on the pedal frame think their should be a strap their to hold the cable. Look's like it would feed over the brake switch location. Then through the bracket that holds the steering column. Wish I had taken more pic's. You just don't think of small things like this when you are dismantling the car for restoration.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Want to add this note the glove box liner went in but the hole to access the fuse block is small and dose not line up with the block well. Figured this would have been better than this. If I want to pull a fuse would need a set of needle nose plyers to get them out or in. Ditto on this after market stuff.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just to say wiring done on the dash. Got my A/C duct ran and the two outer vent's installed. Now the middle vent tomorrow under where the ash tray is located. Then will bolt it to the pinch weld. Then can say that one is done. Then on to mounting the steering column. It will look more like a car then.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
I am looking forward to having the dash in the car. I agree it start feeling like a car when you can sit in the seat and grab onto the steering wheel. I just got my seats, out of an 03 Celica. I painted with Duplicolor fabric paint as the upholstery places wanted 400+ per seat. Pics...before and after....

seat1.jpg seatspainted.jpg

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Good job. They should make driving a comfort. Yep they want a fortune for things. I went with the pro scat seat's. I like them they where not that bad. Look just like the runner seat's but they have the lumbar spine support and do recline. Us old guy's need that.

Back