• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under the dash M&H wiring harness.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Anyone ever purchased and installed one? Good and bad experiences?

Thanks looking at getting one.

V.R.D

Reaction score
i have not bought or used one. but i have heard they are the best for wiring harness.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That's the best out there. Ive installed several with one defect that I corrected. The plug to the rear harness all the wires were the mirror image of what they should have been

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is what I got from year one. It worked out well. I added A/C to my car so if you have console that needs to be there also. Only one wire had changed color and those guy's where help full. It was a good harness.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Anyone have an old 70 under dash harness that is uncut or not burned/melted that they would like to get rid of?

V.R.D

Reaction score
Anyone have an old 70 under dash harness that is uncut or not burned/melted that they would like to get rid of?
a 50 year old harness is asking for trouble. install new or rewire it yourself.

MoparDan

Reaction score
a 50 year old harness is asking for trouble. install new or rewire it yourself.
Ya I've got one but there's a reason it is in a box in the shed. I wouldn't trust it. By the time I'm done with all the bodywork, paint and interior work, the last thing I want is to burn down my car. I bought American Auto Wire

quikbird

Reaction score
good start, like haywire myself. Get a big colored wiring plan. You will need it if you want to keep using the stock light switch dimmer etc. takes some serious thinking to make the connections and you will need the factory end connectors from old harness. They are not reproduced yet. Chrysler did not license anyone else to make them

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Well not good news. Would not start. No spark to the plugs or no power to the coil. Car turns over fine.

New engine wiring harness
New under the dash wiring harness
New coil
New ECM
New fusible link

Distributor? Rotor button? I'm gonna check that tomorrow.

Grounds? I've checked them.

Ignition Switch?

Alternator? I did put a new one on and the wiring harness was for the new flatback style.

I'm tired started this evening at 6pm.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Well not good news. Would not start. No spark to the plugs or no power to the coil. Car turns over fine.

New engine wiring harness
New under the dash wiring harness
New coil
New ECM
New fusible link

Distributor? Rotor button? I'm gonna check that tomorrow.

Grounds? I've checked them.

Ignition Switch?

Alternator? I did put a new one on and the wiring harness was for the new flatback style.

I'm tired started this evening at 6pm.
Man I'm sorry.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Stop take a deep breath and think about it. Check at start run relay. Wires from your new harness. So, to say now no more of those splices in your wiring makes for a clean application. Your getting there and will feel a lot safer with the all-new wiring. This was a good move by you Russ. From one Russ to another. LOL. :thumbsup2:

Carl Ray

Reaction score
Do you have 12 volts at positive side of coil? If not, work that problem using the wiring diagram. Also, if no 12 volts at coil you can run a temporary jumper wire from battery positive to positive side of coil and car should start and run. Key word is temporary.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Do you have 12 volts at positive side of coil? If not, work that problem using the wiring diagram. Also, if no 12 volts at coil you can run a temporary jumper wire from battery positive to positive side of coil and car should start and run. Key word is temporary.
With a electronic distributor?

Back