• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under the dash M&H wiring harness.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
It's something small. I'm just glad I have new engine and dash harness. I appreciate all your fellas help.

Last edited:

Carl Ray

Reaction score
Regardless of ignition type you need voltage to the coil, the distributor just opens and closes the circuit. Depending upon type of ignition it might want 12 volts or less to the coil, that's why I say temporarily jumper 12 volts to the coil. How much voltage do you have at the coil now with key on?

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Regardless of ignition type you need voltage to the coil, the distributor just opens and closes the circuit. Depending upon type of ignition it might want 12 volts or less to the coil, that's why I say temporarily jumper 12 volts to the coil. How much voltage do you have at the coil now with key on?

Carl Ray

Reaction score
That should be enough to fire the plugs. Move your meter to the negative side of the coil and see if voltage fluctuates when cranking. If so the primary side of your ignition is good. Look for issues with coil wire, dist cap, etc.

Back