• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Underside getting ready for primer. . .

JJRJR

Reaction score
Down to bare metal and ready for cleaning, primer, seam sealer, paint, clear coat then undercoating.

baremetal4.jpg

baremetal3.jpg

baremetal2.jpg

baremetal1.jpg

undersideshot.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Lookin good :cheers: John I can't remember if he did a trunk floor, and if so did he put the spare tire bracket back in?

JJRJR

Reaction score
He did a new trunk pan and yes, we're doing the spare brackets. Found an old spare at a swap shop.

Getting ready to post a few more pics; he stayed a little late and got some epoxy primer on the back end of the underside. NOW, I'm happy.

John

JJRJR

Reaction score
Re:OK he did some epoxy primer tonight. Wife let him stay l

under8.jpg

under7.jpg

under6.jpg

under5.jpg

under4.jpg

under3.jpg

under2.jpg

under1.jpg

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
bobby chime in on this......should there be seam sealer or calk in between the inner and outer wheel house seams??.....it just looks like it should.....she looks like brandy new :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I would but that can be done before the sound deadener or under coat, it takes allot of undercoat to seal it. Looks good

JJRJR

Reaction score
She's looking nice, lots more to do. So much little rot that needs to be grinded out and sheet metal replaced. Gonna buy lower door patches for both doors so I can use my original doors. He said they are fine, just rotted on the bottom and he's had luck with the lower patches.

A quick shout out and thank you to Bob (69hemibeep). Bob, I gave the body guy the deck lid today and he was VERY pleased, Great piece and badly needed. Thanks so much. Now I have all my parts!!

John

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
JJRJR said:
She's looking nice, lots more to do. So much little rot that needs to be grinded out and sheet metal replaced. Gonna buy lower door patches for both doors so I can use my original doors. He said they are fine, just rotted on the bottom and he's had luck with the lower patches.

A quick shout out and thank you to Bob (69hemibeep). Bob, I gave the body guy the deck lid today and he was VERY pleased, Great piece and badly needed. Thanks so much. Now I have all my parts!!

John
I'm glad it was what you needed John !

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
glad the trunk lid worked out. mlne ls about the same shape.

Back