• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Fastener

RR383

Reaction score
DSCF0687.jpgCan anyone out there identify this unusual fastener? I found it w/o a nut, washer or cotter pin sitting on the drivers side floor mat near the gas pedal...this afternoon. I'm guessing from some unknown location under the dash of my 70 RR. Hope its not safety related...if you know what I mean.

DSCF0687.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think it is something someone may have used in a pinch. I had every nut and bolt off my car and don't recall seeing that.

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Look at your throttle cable at the pedal, it should have a ball on the end if not that was being used.

Last edited:

pturner

Reaction score
clamping bolt

this is a bolt used to clamp some type of cable, passing the cable thru hole and pinching down as you tighten the nut. I have seen a bolt like this before but cannot remember where, OH, on a ten speed bicycle cable for the brakes I think.
just my 2 cents.
PT in Tennessee

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
according to Galien Govier...those were standard on B5 cars.......

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
now why would you take all the fun out of the teasing like that??? :stooges:

I think you misunderstood. What I was telling him was that his post could be edited to extoll the virtues of B5... :basketcase:

Trust me, I have zero interest in trying to kill the teasing that goes on here. I live for it personally...there is a reason that our smilie with a stick poking the other smilie is named "acme"... :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
go ahead....edit my post.....agent green bombers are on standby. and this just in...recent satellite photos from Meh e co.....

Back