• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unlimited products fiberglass 6bbl hood

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
droptop said:
I saw a car (Monster Mopar) that had a lift off hood with fake hood pins. He had the look of the 69 1/2 and the convience of hinges. He just cut the pins off and fixed them to the hood, and used the hinges and latch. I thought that was very slick. The best of both worlds.
That's what I'd like to do. But I wouldn't mind the front two being real pins because you can never be too safe lol.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dobie said:
Gee Dave, its so dirty and dusty........ I couldn't do that to ya...

:cheers:

sure ya could Steve, I was just out in the garage........my car is dusty and dirty too......

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Well i got some good news I bought a nice heavy duty bolt on 6bbl hood today at a swap meet for 75 bucks, has alot of stress cracks if that's the correct term, hoping I can do some body work and have it turn out good. I bought semi flat black that should get me in the neighborhood of correct black right? Also any place to get pin bracket mounts for the rear? I assume the front just pin into a bolt hole?
Thanks

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
$75 sounds like a great deal. I'd like to come across one like that.

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I went out there and it almost looks like the rear holes are so far back that it bolts into these brackets where the washer fluid lines would run?
Basketcase said:
$75 sounds like a great deal. I'd like to come across one like that.
Yea it sucked because we were about to leave on Friday when my dad Said hey there some mopar stuff, pointing at a early 70's challenger hood, when all of a sudden I spot 3 hoods holding tarps down over his stuff, two a12 type hoods mine and a restored superbee lift off, along with a fiberglass cuda hood? But he wasn't there so we went to the guy next to him who I gave him my # and he called and said he'd let it go for 75 so yesterday we drove back down bought it later went to walmart and got everything to sand it, fiberglass and 6 cans of semi flat black. So I'm into it about 130? Few hours of sanding and body work should make it as good as new, only problem is it is pretty rough few chips and lots of stress cracks, looks like it was bolted on maybe without changing the springs as there is a crack by the hinge bolt and in the middle. We'll see how it comes out,
~Nick

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah mighta not changed the springs. a little time and you'll have a nice hood Nick. and don't forget...... :red2:

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
yeah mighta not changed the springs. a little time and you'll have a nice hood Nick. and don't forget...... :red2:
I'll be sure to get pictures up here. First time in awhile I actually remembered to get before and progress shots.

3836bbl

Reaction score
My hood is from Unlimited Products.I payed too much for the hood and too much for the freight!
It does not have the recessed area in the front like the originals,and the scoop is way taller.

When I called them to question this,they said it was just a "replica style hood"and I could send it back at my expense for them to see if I was eligible for a refund.
The fit is okay,but they don't look anything like a real one.
I would never reccomend Unlimited Products for a 6bbl lift-off style hood,ever!

Back