• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unreal

JJRJR

Reaction score
Friend of mine went out of his way today to go get my car after being "fixed." Got few miles and died again. Sending tow truck. Mechanic says he pulled what looked to be fuel line from the carb bowls. How the hell are bits of rubber hose get into my damned carb??

This is a total mess. Mechanic had it over a week and said once he cleaned carb out it ran great. I don't get it. Maybe fuel line is rotted and breaking apart??

droptop

Reaction score
Sounds like etheoil. That is what it does to rubber. Empty your tank, replace your fuel lines, and get some good gas.

JJRJR

Reaction score
droptop said:
Sounds like etheoil. That is what it does to rubber. Empty your tank, replace your fuel lines, and get some good gas.

I thought so too, but all new lines so should last longer than 300 miles even with ethanol. All cars use ethanol and have rubber hose. Well let's see what he finds. Maybe rubber breaking off air filter? Don't see how bits of hose would pass the fuel filter.

I'll keep posted.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not trying to bash anyone here, just asking....maybe try another wrench guy?
You know you're guy, I don't. I think we've all had dealings with not so good repairmen. Local Dodge dealer made a living on the Boss's Interpid till I got her to take it to a different dealership.

Back