• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update

Collin

Reaction score
OK so a lot to share from the last time I was on here. I had a neighbor politely ask me to keep the noise down (we were beating dents and grinding, cant blame them). So we decided to buck up and rent a garage. What a great thing this was!! We bought a 20x30 bay in the next town over in an area zoned for commercial only and backs up to the airport! The owner said make as much noise as you want 24/7, as much dust, as much primer whatever go at it. So we moved the car in with the doors and one quarter done. I had 2 weeks off from work and went to town. I sanded the entire trunk (pain in the ass), sprayed some Eastwood Rust converter under the rear package tray and other spots underneath that I had sanded a little rust off. My father was able to secure a few days off from work so we went balls to the wall. Yesterday we hit a major milestone and sprayed our primer on the car! We have had so many curveballs with this car and so much ball breaking work (chunked inner fenders for headers, bad front frame rail, floors pans, trunk pans, quarter extensions, rockers, crashes we uncovered under all the bondo, pop rivited quarters, quarter to roof lines that were a mile off on matching. Tons and tons of work, but seeing it all to this point is so worth it! This weekend we start to block and putty the car, then its time for high build primer and paint. I think one of the best things I ever took away from this is that when we started I could not do a thing with metal. The other day I had to build a patch and casually made a cardboard template, cut it out of sheet metal, hand bent it (all hammers and dollys, no cheater tools) welded it in place and put some filler over it. I stepped back and realized what I had done and how much I learned. I know this post goes on forever but finally seeing the car in one color and with nice body lines I feel great!

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That's allot of work, good progress. (Note to self, go take care of Collins neighbor like I did Chris's) :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's come a long way Collin, looks great! I hope to see it out on the road around here in the near future!!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
progress! :thumbsup: no problems making noise here, guys building derby cars, atv screaming down the road, screaming Harleys....

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Alot of work done and looks good to. :thumbsup: :yesnod:
Keep it up and ya have the car on the road in no time. :thumbsup:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Looking really nice, cannot wait to see pictures with new paint. My original Runner was T5 fire bronze T7 should look great as well.

Back