• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

upgraded headlites

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
well i finally did it.....did the relays for the headlites....its amazing...14 volts and wow what a differance

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
what all did you have to do George, and what was the $$?

george68hemirr

Reaction score
since my battery is in my trunk i tapped into my altenator which is also feeding my spal fans....so i ran a # 8 wire to a scorpion 150 amp reset breaker then went with 2 ...20 amp in line fuses....ran 2...#10 wires to my relays....bosch...12v-20/30a.....#0332-209-150....i forget what i paid for the relays....got them at nappa....wasnt expensive....so you feed them up with the red wire#30...black#85 ground...white#87 went to the headlites and green#86 went to headlite switch....my headlite wires coming from switch....low beam was violet and high beam was red...one relay runs low beam...and the other runs high beam....there is a post you dont use#87a..yellow

the reason i went with the reset breaker is because i am feeding my spal 13 inch fans which need 2..30 amp inline fuses and then 2..20 amp in line fuses for the headlites....its like a junction box to tap into

i located my relays for the headlites right next to the radiator,driverside so i could tap into wires right before they split off

i took it out tonite to see how great they were and i was amazed how bright they were....3 of my headlites are only 41 years old...originals...the other bulb i got hit with a rock so i replaced it....i felt like i was driving a new car.....this is worth the time and little money to see where you are going at nite.....plus it takes 40 amps off you lite switch.....DO IT...JUST DO IT!!!!!!...haha

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
sounds worthwhile. I thought you had upgraded the lights themselves. I've seen others do that. What time can Dobie and I drop our cars off........ :D

george68hemirr

Reaction score
what ever time you guys want.....ill get the buds and jack daniels ready when you get here and get it done

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
what ever time you guys want.....ill get the buds and jack daniels ready when you get here and get it done

Hey, me three...since you're buying... :D

:jester:

dobie

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:

Sweet!!! :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
i will tell ya...for about an hours work you would be foolish not to do this upgrade....its great to see where your going at nite

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:

Ohio isn't that far away.......so don't be surprised when we show up.......

Back