• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper and lower cowl

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
If any one has done these panels how did you do the lead process around the lower A pillar post. I was going to mount the lower cowl have tined the under part of cowl and upper A Pillar. Then going to solder those two parts. Then going to tin the lower A area on top and then tin the lower part of upper cowl where it meets the lower cowl then solider that part. Then have to fill area with solder to form that area to a clean finish. So dose this seam rite or wrong. Going to start welding on lower cowl today. All info would be appreciated I am sure some of you guy's have done this. Thanks Russ. :cartman: That stupid book just don't tell me every thing.

quikbird

Reaction score
nobody says that you have to use lead solder again. it was used then because it was all they had. there are some modern alternatives that would work well but not require all that tinning and soldering.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea thanks for the tip. Quikbird. Will result to some body putty to finish the job and cover up my mess. :yesnod:

Back