• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V6W side stripe location

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
How far down from the top bodyline are the V6W sport stripes (the thick reflective ones) located? getting ready to have them installed and would like to get them close, and any other tips I may need to know. thanks all!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
To be honest I don't remember where I got the measurement, must have been in the directions in the kit that i got, but it's 1/4" down from the top edge of the door's side panel.

DSCN3008.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen the instructions before. The guy that owns that Black A12 w/ Pewter interior in Macon has a copy in his restoration binder that he shows with the car. I have tried several times to get a copy - when Steve was getting ready to install his most notably - but the guy never came through. Eventually I just gave up...

Last edited:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks 1/4 inch it will be, in pics they do look to be almost hugging the top edge but wanted to be sure. Mine our the Ebay specials so no instructions . Ray you should try and get a picture of that document would be neat to have around.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm sorry I was thinking of the stripes this thread is about, what was I thinking :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there is a train fourm I get on, and the mod threatened to close the thread if it didn't stay on topic....:basketcase:

Back