• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V7B, V7F, V7X, V7R, V7W Accent Stripes

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Of these painted stripes it appears V7X, V7W and V7R appear to be the most common.

Have any of you ever seen V7B or V7F applied on a car or noted on a fender tag? I've come across a V7F stripe on an F8 car, but have never seen V7B applied on a car before.

A12

Reaction score
Is there any place on the internet that has examples of all of those stripes, colors and placements? Be nice if we could have a thread with that info...............or maybe there already is one here?

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
That's what the book is going to hopefully provide. I've seen fender tags with V7F and a sales ad where someone's listing their 69 RR with the V7B striping, but both cars currently don't have the striping on. Unfortunately with repaints a lot of that history get's lost. My goal is to find unrestored cars and have the stripes heavily photographed.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I believe that the Lynch Rd fender tag will not have the V in the code for the stripe.

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
And that's a component that will be featured in the book. I've reached out to roughly 100 different Road Runner so far and it amazes me how many were V6 or V7 equipped. Most everyone has reapplied their V6 Sports Stripes, while hardly anyone has reapplied their V7 striping. I would imagine it comes down to the fact that there are hardly any images of the V7 striping on unrestored cars, showing just exactly the width, location and how the stripes ends should look.

Does anyone have closeup imagery of the V7 striping on an original, unrestored car?

I believe that the Lynch Rd fender tag will not have the V in the code for the stripe.

A12

Reaction score
Pretty safe bet since the LR tags tell you practically nothing... :basketcase:

I still say that the main (and maybe the only) reason for a METAL, EMBOSSED, RAISED CHARACTER fender tag was so it would survive Body-In-White and the paint department. Everything else IMO could be done with broadcast sheets and not be burned or painted over and not be legible. Spot welding sparks, and paint or paint overspray would have taken care of a paper broadcast sheet in no time. Just about everything on a Lynch Road fender tag had everything to do with something in BIW and paint.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still say that the main (and maybe the only) reason for a METAL, EMBOSSED, RAISED CHARACTER fender tag was so it would survive Body-In-White and the paint department. Everything else IMO could be done with broadcast sheets and not be burned or painted over and not be legible. Spot welding sparks, and paint or paint overspray would have taken care of a paper broadcast sheet in no time. Just about everything on a Lynch Road fender tag had everything to do with something in BIW and paint.

Makes perfect sense to me. :cheers:

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
If any of you have this ad take a close look at it. They Yellow Road Runner has a V6X stripe on it (never offered) and the Green car with the recall wheels actually has a dual painted stripe.

Obviously this pamphlet was produced in the very early part of the Road Runner's life, but interestingly, neither stripe made it into production.
25g8odc.jpg

A12

Reaction score
But the recall wheels did.............well for a very short time and the wheel covers on the yellow road runner did and ended up on my Road Runner that I ordered new in the Spring of '69 :tickled_pink:

I picked up a set at this past Norwalk Mopar show for $15 for my own personal "garage art" :tickled_pink: :tickled_pink: (sorry back to the stripes and where are the radio antennas especially knowing the vert has a radio :crazy:)

69 Road Runner wheel cover .jpg

69 Road Runner wheel cover .jpg

A12

Reaction score
If any of you have this ad take a close look at it. They Yellow Road Runner has a V6X stripe on it (never offered) and the Green car with the recall wheels actually has a dual painted stripe.

Obviously this pamphlet was produced in the very early part of the Road Runner's life, but interestingly, neither stripe made it into production.
25g8odc.jpg

My A12 Road Runner has a dual pinstripe dual color in the same location as the convertible, it's been a point of discussion a few times over on the A12 Registry by a few members that know some of its early history......just saying.

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Interesting. Curious as to how a half year model car would have that optioned?! I can understand if it was an early production car like the two above, but for that to fall on a mid year car is truly cool. We've all learned long ago to never say never.

jays69bird

Reaction score
When mine was painted in 92 I wanted to add the accent stripes(V7X) but could not find a good example so I nothing to go by. I wrote the tech guy for one of the Mopar magazines and never got a response so I gave up. In the current internet world it seems like you could find something. Heck these cars were in accidents when new so you think there would be a body shop guide if say a fender had to be replaced.

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Please link the discussion on the dual striping on the A12 forum.

Back