• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valley Pan without paper gaskets?

Rocket

Reaction score
I had to remove my manifold today, trying to start from scratch with the six pack not running right.

I remember buying a kit from Mancini and I used gaskets and the valley pan.I have been reading and a lot of the mopart's guys just use the valley pan with a dab of rev in the corners.

Does this sound right?

Also I can't find the foot pounds need to install carbs to manifold. Manual says 30 but that sounds like its for a cast iron manifold to me.

Thanks guys, it's been a while. Work was real slow so car just sat.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Use the same torque spec. The metal pan alone is fine unless some milling of the heads or deck was done then adding paper gaskets may be required. There are some builders on the board that probably have more input.

TOMRR

Reaction score
Picture%20038%202.gif

Will be installing mine soon and will be using gasket, Not sure my self about the Torque , But I think it is the same also !!!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The rule of thumb for me has been to use the paper gaskets with aluminum manifolds and not use them with the cast manifolds.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I hafta remember that Big...this car is the first one I've had with an aluminum manifold.

Back