• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent window and hood

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Here is some pic's of the vent window with the new chrome part's. But did have to tap out the bolt hole at the top that holds the front arm in the door. It was not American thread. Also had to make the hole larger in the arm and grind down the raise part around the hole. Thing's just aren't the same with after market part's. But have to make it work. Also got the hood finished painted. Going to put the window in the door. Read that you can separate the frame at the top of the vent window and pull it out enough to get the window to slide into the channel. So here is some pic's. IMG_0101 (1).JPG IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0102 (1).JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just want to say it was not easy. So any one buying new door's beware of the bolt holes not in the same place as the old door's. Have found this out the hard way even the pillar post are not as the original. So had to enlarge holes so the door would adjust rite. So now you know why the body shop takes so long. Test fit and take it off. Adjust every thing and fit it again. :BangHead:

Big Block

Reaction score
Looks nice Russ aftermarket parts just don't work the best but you have to make them work hang in there .

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes guy's I appreciate all the support. Think if a stride for perfection then guess I will settle for good. Just don't want to let it get to me and let thing's slide just to get the car done. That is what some one else did to this poor car. :drinks: :kartman:NOW WHERE IS THAT BEER ASSISTANT #%%$$@@@^^&&**

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just to say the vent window dose clear the mirror. And the same kind of mirror work's on both side's.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Yes guy's I appreciate all the support. Think if a stride for perfection then guess I will settle for good. Just don't want to let it get to me and let thing's slide just to get the car done. That is what some one else did to this poor car. :drinks: :kartman:NOW WHERE IS THAT BEER ASSISTANT #%%$$@@@^^&&**

If youve taken this long, it would be a shame to rush the last few items and forever be burning every time you look at the little imperfections. Keep up the patient work Russ.

Back