• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very good deal on the fleabag

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...those SSBC disks look an awful lot like factory drums...pretty cleverly disguised...
...must have run out of black rattle can while they were restoring the K-Member...

I'm interested...but Dave mentioned hitting the BIN so I'm gonna let him have it... :lol:

:jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Check out his feedback about 10 entries down.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I'm sure all the folks that have numbers matching '68 Hemi Road Runners would love to know that they didn't offer Hemi 'Runners in '68...or maybe I just didn't read it right....

mcmopar

Reaction score
I think you mis-read it bro. He said the crossram Hemi wasn't available from the factory but right above that he does say that the Hemi was available. The factory only offered a Hemi with inline dual quads - not with a crossram intake.

It looks clean underneath and well detailed. Too bad he didn't stick to a more traditional '68 appearance. A 6 BBL hood with dual '69 stripes just doesn't look right on a '68. Now, don't get me wrong - I like the '69 6 BBL hood with the twin stripes - just not on a '68 car. :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
I think you mis-read it bro. He said the crossram Hemi wasn't available from the factory but right above that he does say that the Hemi was available. The factory only offered a Hemi with inline dual quads - not with a crossram intake.

It looks clean underneath and well detailed. Too bad he didn't stick to a more traditional '68 appearance. A 6 BBL hood with dual '69 stripes just doesn't look right on a '68. Now, don't get me wrong - I like the '69 6 BBL hood with the twin stripes - just not on a '68 car. :thumbsup:
ouch....thats going to leave a mark :acme:

6R9Runner

Reaction score
Clearly, the seller should have consulted with the experts at this website PRIOR TO restoring the car. Obviously no expense was spared, but the car has an identity crisis. IMO, for 94 you should AT LEAST get a passenger side mirror, disc brakes (as described!?) and a 69 grille. And maybe straighten out the exhaust clamps. :pot: :cents:

A31PKG

Reaction score
mcmopar said:

As soon as I saw it was one of those "history lesson" type ads, I just rolled my eyes...
I'm well aware - as hopefully we all are - that the factory carb configuration for a Hemi equipped model of this vintage was inline...
It's actually not a bad looking car...a little pricey perhaps...You're right, the 69 stripes gotta go...

:thumbsup:

jays69bird

Reaction score
What is this guy some kind of broker? If you go to his profile and click on the items like the Cessna and Auger wagon they are located all over the country.So he might not even be the guy who owns it did the work etc.

mcmopar

Reaction score
He has a lot of cars in his feedback so I'd guess you are correct. Gotta be some kind of broker or something.

mcmopar

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
mcmopar said:

As soon as I saw it was one of those "history lesson" type ads, I just rolled my eyes...
I'm well aware - as hopefully we all are - that the factory carb configuration for a Hemi equipped model of this vintage was inline...
It's actually not a bad looking car...a little pricey perhaps...You're right, the 69 stripes gotta go...

:thumbsup:

Sorry if I sounded harsh - my reply was not meant to bust chops - just draw attention to the seller's attempt at providing historical background. I hate it when sellers do that sometimes as it often is confusing at best and misleading at worst.

A31PKG

Reaction score
It's all good....

You are so right... NO information is better than MIS-information....

We're always entertained by ads that start off with a lecture!

:jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
BTW - I love the pic you chose for your avatar. I once saw a nearly identical car to yours up in Ft Wayne, IN back around '79-'80. I think that car was a 383 but it was a healthy one. White, black stripes, automatic, steel wheels and dog dish hubcaps. :thumbsup: He had the suspension up a little more than normal.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Thanks....for the record: I dig green...My first Mope was a '70 F8 Bee...
The springs are the original "hemi" units and provide a nice rake.
The car came originally from upstate NY...then migrated to North Central PA.
Surprisingly solid given its upbringing...
Sorry to the OP for the thread hi-jack...

Back