• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vibration

1baddogg

Reaction score
I have a vibration in my 69 RR , its in it while driving and i have threw it in neutral and still got the vibration . I have a 4 speed car . I have new tires and wheels on it . i was wondering could it just be dry or bad ujoints or a driveline out of balance ? It has the ujoints in it that i bought it with . Its gotta be fixed and im puzzled and hope some of you guys can help a roadrunner brother out .. Thanks for any advice !

quikbird

Reaction score
Does it occur at certain speeds? Where do you feel it? In your butt or through the steering wheel? Please tell us more details?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
If it was a driveshaft or u-joint, it usually will start to vibrate and then as the car goes faster, it will stop vibrating and then it will start vibrating again as the car goes even faster. It also may change as you push the clutch in.

It's probably a tire out of balance or out of round.

1baddogg

Reaction score
Its like a constant vibration . It had the vibration with the old tires on it and i have put new magnums and tires on it since . I feel it thru my butt as u said . I have knocked it in neutral coasting and it still does it . Its just a nagging vibration that dont get worse as you go or speed up . Kinda constant if im making any sense . sorry guys if im not . Even my buddy who rode with me feels it riding along .

quikbird

Reaction score
Does it change as speed of car changes? Does it change as engine speed changes? Does the sound growl or make a sound at all? Should not be tires and wheels since you changed them and vibration was there before and after change. Can be anywhere else though.

1baddogg

Reaction score
No sir it stays kinda constant . seems like when i accelerate quite a bit it gets better but as i level out its there again .. I read one post on here from awhile back abouth the driveshaft needing balanced but would that be constant ? It could be driveline and i will start with new joints but other than driveline or maybe transmission or motor mounts i cant think of anything else. but an engine mount would clear up i believe especially when u coast in neutral ?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
It could be the driveshaft. I've twisted a couple just a little and then they have a constant vibration.

A good driveshaft shop can check it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Have some one follow you down the road and see if a wheel wobbles, which would be a bent axle on the rear. I had one that was .025 out at the flange which is allot by the time it gets to the top and bottom of the tire

Back