• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video of my restoration...

rockdog2112

Reaction score
Dude! That was awesome. Congrats on your hard work and that great documentation of the process. I'll be using some of that as a reference.

chapdog105

Reaction score
Thank you, fellas!
It was fun going through the old pics and putting the video together. That's only a fraction of the photos I took along the way.

I left out the pics of my first go around with body and paint. That was a nightmare I didn't feel like revisiting.

I give respect to anyone that goes that deep into a restoration without giving up. These old Mopars will fight you (and your wallet) every inch of the way.
My restoration was ridiculously expensive, time consuming, nerve racking, and trying on the marriage.
I'll keep the car forever, as I'm only 35 and I've owned it my entire life. Some day I'll hand it down to my son (7 years old now) and get a modern Mopar muscle car, perhaps a Challenger SRT, Scat Pack, or Hell Cat.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score

chapdog105

Reaction score
It took about 5 years to finish.
I didn't have savings for the project, so I basically put every extra dollar I had into the car for 5 years.
I would save a few grand, then purchase something and put it in a safe place. I just kept replicating that as often as possible.
Let's just say that my wife wasn't exactly thrilled about my approach! It's all good now though...

Back