• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

video question

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
a relitive sent me a dvd he made of my car. how can I download it so I can post it here?
Thanks!

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm NO expert, but maybe download it to your computers photo program, then upload to Youtube? I think almost all photo programs can handle video, plus Youtube is a piece of cake.

dobie

Reaction score
I may have to try YouTube too. I took videos of my car a few weeks ago. I tried to upload them to my photobucket account, but they were too big.

:huh:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yea, Photobucket has a limit to video size. I've split videos up, but its a pain.

Let me try uploading something to You Tube and I'll report back.

Big John

Reaction score
OK, that was pretty easy. It will let you post a video up to 1 gig or 10 minutes in length.

I opened an account and uploaded a short video. Very simple.

[youtube:68v8tyhi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbEBQ58I-J4[/youtube:68v8tyhi]

After that, go to the video and paste the link in your post. Then highlight it and hit the "youtube" button and you're all set.

dobie

Reaction score
Can Youtube stuff be kept private, like photobucket stuff can? I'll have to check into this.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well my problem (I think) is that when I put the DVD in, there's place showing to download it to the comp. When the menu comes up, the download option idn't highlited and I think that's why I'm having trouble?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
well my problem (I think) is that when I put the DVD in, there's place showing to download it to the comp. When the menu comes up, the download option idn't highlited and I think that's why I'm having trouble?

I'm admittedly the world's biggest computer dummy so no one throw rocks if I'm WAY OFF here, but can't you just save it to the hard drive and then upload to the site? Maybe I just need to stick to the one or two things I actually know something about... :leave:

:jester:
Ray

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

I'm admittedly the world's biggest computer dummy so no one throw rocks if I'm WAY OFF here, but can't you just save it to the hard drive and then upload to the site? Maybe I just need to stick to the one or two things I actually know something about... :leave:

Ray

The forum software has limitations of 256 kb size files and it has to be a picture file.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Ray

naw, the biggest comp dummy is typing this. :crazy: If I;m thinking right(No Cracks!) when I righ click, a ballon comes up, with several options. The one with download or save, isn;t highlited, so it wont. sond right? maybe I'll just get everyones address, and mail it, and you guys can just pass it on. :crazy:

Big John

Reaction score
Try going to your "windows explorer" and clicking copy and paste.

Back