• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage inspection stickers

csuk9

Reaction score
I've never seen one. I've been a state police officer for 17 years,and have stopped, inspected, cited some 2000 cars. I have owned cars in California with a variety of years 65,71,73,85,96,2006 and have never seen an inspection sticker.

Thanks for teaching me something Today!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I have them on my 3 cars. here are two of them. I spent the extra to have the plate numbers added.

DSCN2678.JPG

DSCN2680.JPG

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
well i dont think that would fly in new york......since they do yearly inspections here

Yea... I know they wouldn't go for that one.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
In pa antique plates don't need a yearly inspection all other cars do. I have a 91 inspection sticker on mine now.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
last I knew Ohio does random inspections. Last time I was stopped was back in the '80s.
nice find BTW

moparmike

Reaction score
We used to have yearly inspections here in Utah. The decal were similar to the pics Roadcuda posted. Now you have to do inspection AND emissions testing to get your car registered. Bunch of crap !!!! But, you can get your car registered as an antique and don't aver have to do either.

Back