• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WATER BASE PAINT- omaha orange

vso737

Reaction score
Has anyone had a positive result using a water base paint to touch up a rear fender small repair.

I'm trying to match the body of my 1969 Roadrunner Omaha orange paint color. It is a small repair and the water base paint I purchased does NOT seem to match. It also seems to come off fairly easy when wet sanding. I never used it before and it is a nightmare.............................LOL

A quick search revealed: DT5106 for Chrysler/ PPG Ditzler 60436/ and DUPONT 27881

Are the above choices correct. Plan on visiting an automotive paint shop tomorrow morning.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Lg,
Mike

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I have only painted my own cars with single stage paints. I can exhaust my knowledge in a few sentences.
You say repair?
You are doing the repair or the car has been repainted already?
Very different scenario.
What condition is the associated paint in?
These things will help getting some ideas maybe.
I don't know why a water base paint is necessary.
And would be surprised if it matched anything.
Best shot would be taking a piece of the car and having it matched
My PPG store told me they could do that with a piece the size of a hand.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Has CA done away with anything but water base paint. I here that they don't want the pollution that solvent base paints have.

Back