• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waxes, cleaners and polishes

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:
droptop said:
"We corvette guys are pretty anal about our rides" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Can't be as bad as the A12 mopar owners, Oh wait BigJohn has both. :leave:Did I just say that out loud :huh: :stab:

anyone wanna guess who the first Banned memeber's gonna be? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was going to say, "open mouth, insert foot." Let me know if you want some salt with that. :haha:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
droptop said:
Can't be as bad as the A12 mopar owners, Oh wait BigJohn has both. :leave:Did I just say that out loud :huh: :stab:

Yep.. the only worse ones are the guys with the Hemis...
:leave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:
droptop said:

:eek:rly: :D

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:
droptop said:

wheather it's in a car or not. :banana:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
wheather it's in a car or not. :banana:[/quote]
What did I ever do to you :toetap:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
wheather it's in a car or not. :banana:
What did I ever do to you :toetap:[/quote]
Well, isn't your car in the body shop now, or did I get something mixed up? :chill: Besides, I'm sure it will be in a car sooner then later. And I would love to see it when it is back in it!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:blah: Just kiddin. Johns an authority figure here, I was lashing out at the man :wave: You have to as old as John to understand the 60's. Oops I might have him in age :leave:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
:blah: Just kiddin. Johns an authority figure here, I was lashing out at the man :wave: You have to as old as John to understand the 60's. Oops I might have him in age :leave:
I thought you were. I think it's that kind of joking around is what makes this group a unique one. And I was around druing the 60's. Old enough to have some idea of what was going on, but not quite old enough to really take part. :cheers:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

Cartman.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Mystic, I think we have killed enough time, how about some more car shine ideas.

Mystic

Reaction score
Well today I found water spots from a garden sprinkler I parked too close. The lime from city water and the garbage rain water will pick up on its way to collide with your car can be removed with a little white vinegar. I keep a little 3 oz spray bottle in my polish kit.

Be sure to wax the area afterwards -- Vinegar is an acid remember... Not Wine vinegar :loco: Put that on your salads.. :thumbsup:

Mystic

Reaction score
Any of you oldsters remember this??

Back in the 60's when I had a GTO and my GTX, the wax of the time was 'Blue Coral' Another one was 'Rain Dance'.. Simonize was a biggie too but that was for grampa's ford fairlane and dads Olds 98.. We hot rodders likes the Rain Dance! and Blue Coral.. I was partial to Rain dance because it had a cool blue can and they give ya two pads instead of one.. and it smelled good.

When we covered the whole car with wax, we then sprinkled a box of Arco Corn Starch on it. The startch served two purposes

1. It absorbed moister from the wax, accelerating cure time. (we thought)

2. it was slighty abraisive aiding in the shine..

It was a friggin mess to clean up, I remember my mom chewing me out for getting corn starch all over the drive way and the flowers.. I didn't care though, I was a rebellious young spoiled punk.

and besides, a little spray from the hose and it was all gone.. :eek:

Oh yeah!! quarter car washes were actually a quarter! Sometimes I would take it to the car wash and actually wash the whole car and rinse it for a quarter! If I was really fast! I could even get some hot wax out of it too!

Then a trip up Rt 4 at 100 MPH to dry it off! :worship:

Welp, gotta go! "Are you smarter than a 5th grader is on TV..."

:wave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
My dad dreamed of getting a Chrysler 300, and in 1966 he did. The first thing he did is go and get some blue coral, a drill and burn the paint on the door! :rolleyes:

Back