• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We have changed to the ne server!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
We may be making some changes to the server in the very near future.

There shouldn't be any problems but the forum may shut down for a bit while we change hosting companies. Everything is backed up and there shouldn't be any issues.

UPDATE:

Its all done!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Re: New Server!! Please Read!!

Oh no Y2K all over again :devil:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

shut down the forum!!??!!?? :jail: :jail: :jail: :jail: Y2K Hell! it's .org all over!!! Please make this happen between 1am and 5 am EST so to minimize my withdrawals.... :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:(or this Saturday, the Wife is having an 80th B Day party for her Mom...so I won't be allowed on here anyway.........or Sunday, their having a family reunion next door...so I won't be allowed on that day either........ :crazy:

Roadcuda

Reaction score

OOOooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Good luck Big!

Big John

Reaction score

Guys!! Please understand that the server isn't something in my back room that will get unplugged by the cat and no one notices!

Server changes can take effect immediately or could take up to 48hrs. The change will be different for everyone because different ISPs update their DNS at different times. So some of you may be off longer then others. Keep in mind that I make a back-up copy of the forum every week and will do so before any changes. If anything ever happens to the server where we lose everything there, we can still pick up the pieces and be up and running in no time.

The forum should run a little faster and be more reliable when its all done. Our main man Shotgun has done this before, so its nothing new to him.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

"In Big We Trust"

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Big John said:
The change will be different for everyone because different ISPs update their DNS at different times. So some of you may be off longer then others.

I have inside info that indicates that the greenies will be out of commission for about two weeks... :lmao:

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":47o4ryw5]The change will be different for everyone because different ISPs update their DNS at different times. So some of you may be off longer then others.

I have inside info that indicates that the greenies will be out of commission for about two weeks... :lmao:

:jester:[/quote:47o4ryw5]
did they get caught trying a coup to take over ?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

we'll be busy air dropping the lot of sand fleas we won on e bay........

mcmopar

Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":3r7cjfoz]The change will be different for everyone because different ISPs update their DNS at different times. So some of you may be off longer then others.

:jester:[/quote:3r7cjfoz]

Nothing can stop us! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
[youtube:3r7cjfoz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55NuWQCh78[/youtube:3r7cjfoz]

Big John

Reaction score

Looks like this is gonna happen today!

Big John

Reaction score
Shotgun just sent me this message:

Ok, all done! I was able to keep our server in the Texas facility, so we don't have to change anything on our end.

The Upgrades:

1. We have more disk space. Currently, I think your site is just under 2.5GB of used space. I allocated an additional 8GB just for the rr.net forum. So all total, you have a little over 10GB to work with. Before, our total allowed disk space for both sites was only 10GB.

2. Our server is now on a better computer, with a dual core processor. Before, we had an Opteron processor, whatever the heck that is.

3. Last, we have more RAM. Before, we had 384MB. Now we have 512MB.

All of these changes should allow for a faster site and room to grow. Let me know if you experience any issues.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick word of thanks to Big John & Shotgun for keeping our playground up and running... :cheers:

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
That was painless. I saw no interruption in service at all. Great job! :thumbsup:

Except now we can't see your posts...I knew that there would be some "greenie fall-out"... :lol:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Its done and I didnt even feel it :jester:

a sincere and hearty thanks to the management. :cheers:
I like the new aviatar there Blueboy....

Back