• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

well this will need attention....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
finally got back to putting a radio in the car. since the am/fm/cd player died mysteriously, I figured I throw in the am/fm/casette that was in the trunk when I got the car. got it hooked up, and one of the speakers was bad. so.....since I was in the gargae anyway....when I got the car, all new interior had been instlled by the PO, except for the rear armrests. I got an interior screw kit at the Nats the year I got the car. came home anf the screws were like they were too short, but i got the drivers side on. the passenger side wouldn't go on. after I probbed with a scrwdriver, I figured out the clips that the screws go into were MIA. grabbed a set at the boneyard.......couple years ago.... :facepalm: pulled the back seat, changed the speakers. then I pulled the passenger rear door panel, and I found out why I had such a hard time making the screws catch. aside from the missing clips, there was some nice thick sound deadener. and while I had the panel off, I looked to see just why the door latch area looked like this(I kinda knew)

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nice huh? the time someone spent making this work of art....it would have been quicker to fix it right(since the car was apart and stripped down anyway)although the passenger door closes nice and easy, but the drivers door has to be shut hard, and I've adjusted till I'm fed up with it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
To make sure I'm not seeing wrong, they riveted a patch panel to hold the door latch in place? I guess they couldn't weld so they used rivets. Idiots! :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's what you're seeing Steve(this from the same person that had a door panel clip on the clutch linkage). I'm no resto king, but I woulda fixed that right. and for all the time that they spent slinging mud, and for all the skins cost, I woulda fixed the 1/4s right.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, I know what you mean. probably jinxed myself......

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
id call up a boneyard and have him cut out one from another door and weld it in.....the guy that did that was some butcher :popcorn:

joewhite440

Reaction score
I am sure it will be right when you replace the quarters and make it your DREAM color!!
:acme:

Joe

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Whats wrong with that? That's how I did mine :basketcase: Just keep collecting parts Dave you will get it done right. :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Whats wrong with that? That's how I did mine :basketcase: Just keep collecting parts Dave you will get it done right. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna use sheet metal screws... :lmao:

moparchris

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
id call up a boneyard and have him cut out one from another door and weld it in.....the guy that did that was some butcher :popcorn:

Hey Dave I have that piece left over from my parts car. You can have it if you want to chuck another piece on the pile for the future resto. :hack:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
george68hemirr said:

Hey Dave I have that piece left over from my parts car. You can have it if you want to chuck another piece on the pile for the future resto. :hack:
Wait a minute, I hope your not considering the Ratrod a parts car :acme:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparchris said:
george68hemirr said:

Thanks Chris! :worship: :worship: :worship: I'll take it! let me know what you'll need for the shipping to 43964

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
that's what you're seeing Steve(this from the same person that had a door panel clip on the clutch linkage). I'm no resto king, but I woulda fixed that right. and for all the time that they spent slinging mud, and for all the skins cost, I woulda fixed the 1/4s right.
And I'll bet this body man wanna-be was proud of the alleged job he did!

dobie

Reaction score
I feel your pain for sure. The crap that I've seen in just tearing up my trunk floor is amazing.

:hack:

joewhite440

Reaction score
I know it is no excuse but in the 70's and 80's we did not have the Mig Welders and you either Brazed, wire welded or pop riveted. I do not think the repairs were half as good as they are today. The stuff was just not available or we could not afford it.

Just a Thought.

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparchris said:
george68hemirr said:

Wait a minute, I hope your not considering the Ratrod a parts car :acme:

No way! It doesn't have any good body parts! :brickwall: I have some left overs from the Satellite parts car.

glhcarl

Reaction score
Having been in Airframe Repair in the USAF, I would have been really proud of a sheet metal patch like that.

Someday I will tell the story of the patch that, blew off the SR-71.

Back