• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wendy's Commercial

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anybody watching the NHRA race today on ESPN2 saw the Wendy's commercial with the 4 speed 69 Roadrunner in it. I tried to find it but I have search engine overload.

RdChicken

Reaction score
I did see that commercial, it's cool to see Mopars in new stuff these days. I also notice a commercial while watching the NASCAR race with a 69 Roadruner conv. and a 71 Challenger R/T in the back ground.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I watched part last night, and I'm finishing it right now. haven't noticed the commercial yet. damn shame about the fan getting killed. :sada:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just saw it, sweet! thanks for the heads up.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Chris, you beat me to it! I was going to ask the same thing. I saw both of them yesterday, the other ad is by Verison and is on during the cup race. And Dave, I also heard about the fan at the drag race. They said simply that it was debris, that caused the injury, I think the tire was the debris that broke loose. I know I wouldn't want to be in the way of one of those things flying off a car at speed! :eek:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That tire went into the pits and hit her then cleared two race teams and caved in the side of a car hauler is what I heard :sada:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
That tire went into the pits and hit her then cleared two race teams and caved in the side of a car hauler is what I heard :sada:
I wouldn't doubt that as once those tires break loose, and with the forces involved, they tend to keep going for a while! That's just plain scary!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
A friend of mine was at the race. He said the tire took two bounces then went over the retaining wall. He didn't see where it went from there but heard a woman had gotten hit. His wife and daughter had just gone to the bathroom and he was sweating bullets until they can back.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i guess now they are going to have to put up some kind on a fence to protect the fans......it may go thru it but it will slow it down at least

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i guess now they are going to have to put up some kind on a fence to protect the fans......it may go thru it but it will slow it down at least
ESPN II ran a short show today with the finals for the nitro cars. They showed a down track view of Browns incident. They say the tire traveled about 1/8 th of a mile down track. After coming off the car and then hitting the frame of the car, the tire bounced at least once on the return road and then again on the ground at the far end of the stands. From there it went into the pit area and bounded at least once more and then it went over some larger trailers and that's when the tape of it ended. That sure looked like it more then an 1/8 the of a mile from where it first came off. They reported that there are at least 2 companies already working on finding a way to keep the tire from breaking loose. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Not to derail the topic, but is the runner on the commercial the one from Jericho :popcorn:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I was thinking that too Spongey.
IIRC, there was a NASCAR race......be in the last 20 years, a car wrecked sending a tire into the stands and killed some people.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
Thanks for posting that George. On the Monday broadcast of the nitro finals they just said that the prostock eliminations were rained out and would be completed in Gainesville. Now that we know the real reason, WOW! As for Greg Anderson, while I'm not a fan of his, I will say that he usually is very diplomatic in things that he says. So the hear that statement in the first interview where he didn't hold anything back, it had to be bad.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I like Greg(especially that hot wife of his).Just wish he drove mopar. a few years ago, the Pro Stockers had the same problem at National Trail. Greg was hot, especially after Jason Line went over the finish line, on his roof, completly airborne.

BBillyC

Reaction score
I love that commercial. I thought originally it was a 69RR but it is a Satellite. Very cool. It starts off with the guy in the vest by the Red Satellite saying here's how you eat an awesome. Step one "remove wrap around shades", pay respect (salutes the burger), take a bite (and he does this goofy dance), then he ends the commercial with "immortalize" and shows his tattoo. Great commercial.

Back