• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to a breakfast cruise

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
You've got that right. It has been and will continue to be in the high 20's overnight for at least one more week. Our cruise night is this Sat. night and the predicted low is 28 - plus a wind chill. Now, that might not seem too cold to those of you in the zero degree range but in contrast to the normal high temps we are used to (98+ in summer) it is extremely cold.
Another problem with the cold down here is the fact that a lot of the citrus and strawberry farmers are going to lose quite a bit of harvest - driving prices higher. The citrus fruit is ok down to 32 degrees. If any of it is damaged they just send it to the juicing facility but if temps stay below 28 for an extended period of time (5 hours or more) the trees can suffer damage or even die. That is what sucks because it takes 5 years for a citrus tree to mature and start producing fruit. Back in the '80's we had several years of hard freezes and it all but wiped out the citrus industry in Central Florida. Lots of farmers had to sell their groves to land developers because of their losses.
If you go to that Cruise MC, just do what we always do when it gets cold in early Nov. Wait for the big block cars to come in, get them to open their hoods, and warm your hands over the warm engines! :snowball:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
if you guys want to warm your hands i can lift off my hood for ya....the only bad thing about where you warm guys live is when its 120 degrees and you stand there and just sweat....how many months does that happen??

moparchris

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
if you guys want to warm your hands i can lift off my hood for ya....the only bad thing about where you warm guys live is when its 120 degrees and you stand there and just sweat....how many months does that happen??

Always 70 here, I dont know what your talking about George. I do have somethin for ya though :snowball: I would love to be a fender fly near your car. But I think I might be blinded by that big chrome thingy sitting on top of your motor! :cool:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
moparchris said:
george68hemirr said:

Always 70 here, I dont know what your talking about George. I do have somethin for ya though :snowball: I would love to be a fender fly near your car. But I think I might be blinded by that big chrome thingy sitting on top of your motor! :cool:
cool but its long hours of sanding and buffing that aluminum to make it look like chrome
you go out early for breakfast cruise i see....250 am....i thought i was bad :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Hey I was hungry! Ray isnt the only one with the food market on the run!

I'll be headed your way sometime soon...we can do lunch again...you can always drag me to In-N-Out Burger if we can't figure out some other local dive... :D

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:
Hey I was hungry! Ray isnt the only one with the food market on the run!

I'll be headed your way sometime soon...we can do lunch again...you can always drag me to In-N-Out Burger if we can't figure out some other local dive... :D

Im in. I have a place we can eat right after we go see Daves garage. He even has a A12 car for ya.

Back